PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Phaeton SatNav discs software

phaetonman123
02-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Hi all,

Have recently bought a 2004 3.2 petrol Phaeton - very happy with it so far (fingers crossed) !

The sat nav discs are missing from the previous owners so will need to replace them.

My local VW dealership has kindly offered to do this for the small charge of £500 + VAT !!!
AND will not permit the purchase of selected individual discs (UK etc).

So I thought I would ask the experts here instead !

(1) Does anyone know the name of the software suppliers (which I assume should be printed on your discs)?

(2) What is the latest version of the software (e.g. surely not still a 2004 software version)?

(3) Assuming there are updated software versions - will they be compatible with my 2004 hardware?

Many thanks for your help!
Andrew.

Issac Hunt
02-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Which nav system have you got?

There usually some on Ebay, try .de as well as .co.uk

Fatonew12
05-08-2010, 10:06 PM
Your 04 unit should accept any disc compatable with VDO Dayton non C-IQ systems, such as teleatlas.

Most suppliers quote compatability with BMW (eg. 2004 era 7 series), Rover 75, some Opel models with CariN Systems etc.

New and second hand CD's widely available on ebay. Search using tag VDO Dayton. I would recommennd getting a TMC disc (traffic updates shown on mapping). You will pay more for the latest mappings (currently 2010), should be able to get earlier mapping cheaper.

Teleatlas maps include 5 digit postcodes but do not include the Phaeton manual like the VW disc.

You can buy single country discs (most also have major routes in Europe) or the entire Europe set (10 discs).

Chris

netherfield
02-02-2012, 08:15 PM
If you are still having problems contact kolumbus24.com article no 11002943.

It works in my Phaeton without worries.

43 Euros including postage.

This is the CD version.