PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Service Due! message will not dissapear

sunil1234
01-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Hi guys and gals

Had my audi 20k longlife service done by a good indy who does other friends audis as my local dealer is so useless. Anyhow all done and nice and carefully but for hours cannot get the service due light message to go out in the clock area despite the service interval under "car" in the mmi thingy resetting ok!

Any advice much appreciated, i know if i try to take it to my ******* they will not help as they didnt do the service lol

tia

S

baylissboy
01-08-2010, 09:27 PM
You can only reset the oil service ia the MMI, you'll need to take it to a dealer, or have somebody that knows how to reset the adaption channels with a VAGCOM etc.

sunil1234
02-08-2010, 08:29 AM
thanks, they did use the laptop and vag-com/ vcds as part of the service but, whilst the mmi now says "service due in 18000 miles.726 days", the annoying "srvice due!" message still pops up in the centre of the dials when you start/switch off the car?!

They tried feverently to clear it but it wouldnt clear so just hoping for some clarity if anyone has come across this issue?

TIA

S

sunil1234
02-08-2010, 03:22 PM
problem sorted, got a friend to reset "paramters manually" whatever that means lol meaning no "service due!" flash up in DIS on starting/ shutting down car.

HTH someone!

cheers

dimonda
27-08-2010, 02:23 PM
problem sorted, got a friend to reset "paramters manually" whatever that means lol meaning no "service due!" flash up in DIS on starting/ shutting down car.

HTH someone!

cheers

Hi, how did he reset it manually?

regards

Andrew

theskyfox
27-08-2010, 10:37 PM
Hi, Just a couple of points...its worth checking your manual, sometimes the service light can be reset by pressing certain buttons on the dash at the same time (I know they can be on my A4). Just a suggestion...its also worth picking up an OBD2 reader off fleabay or somewhere else..lets you read and reset/clear fault codes anytime. Theyre only about £50-60 or so, and can save you time and money for things like this...

-Andrew (Another one!).