PDA

View Full Version : Audi A3 Black Edition - What Colour?!

diamonddavid
01-08-2010, 09:38 AM
Hi Guys and Gals,

First post for me is a simple one I suppose but it's causing me a little dilemma.

I am in the process of ordering a A3 2.0TDI 170 Sportback Black Edition, however, the big stumbling block for me is ... What Colour?

It's between Brilliant Black and Ibis White.

What would you go for and why?

Thanks.

onemanparty
01-08-2010, 10:19 AM
White it's the in colour !!!!

tlionhart
01-08-2010, 10:59 PM
ibis white unless you have £1700 to have the audi exclusive colour sprint blue :)

Other than that ibis white all the way. Black is old fashioned and makes the black edition car look too 'black'. Besides its a nice back drop of colours at the back on the sportback with them rear leds. Black also looks more dirty than white quicker, a lot of people get this assumption wrong. Also with black scratches, swirls, chips and water marks show easy. If i had to buy another audi white would be the colour although I dont really wanna pay for an S3 I might use that cash to customise the paint and have the sprint blue.

seanj0hn
02-08-2010, 08:19 AM
Ibis white or Phantom black for me...

engineermk
02-08-2010, 02:18 PM
White.

Go look closely closely at a two year old solid black car... it will look rough even if it has been cherished. I run the company fleet and won't let drivers choose a black car because of this.

galty
02-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Agree about the black, i've owned an A3 in brilliant black for a month and it only looks clean for a day if that and swirls for fun. I doubt i'd ever buy a black car again.

seanj0hn
04-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Guys,

What you have to remember is a black car is worth it, if you know how to keep it clean.

First off, I would not get Audi (or any manufacturer) to clean and polish the car you bought before picking it up. You can tell them not to... The reason I say this is because its incorrectly cleaned and polished which leads to swirls before you'v even seen it. I know this from experience. And I just know somebody that works at Audi is away to jump down my throat for saying that! :biglaugh: But that goes for a good few car manufacturers. A few of my mates have said exactly the same about Audi, Ford, etc etc...

It doesnt matter what colour the car is. Once its newly bought, have a good look at it on a sunny day, its covered in swirls.

I bought a A3 2.0TDI 140ps Black Edition (In Phantom Black) a couple of months back and had to get a friend of mine to machine polish it the same week because of the swirl marks!

Audi stop using sponges!....... and stones..! :biglaugh:

joshaudi
09-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Black edition - its in the name! Its meant to be dark and sinister

tlionhart
10-08-2010, 11:15 AM
true about the swirls and scratches. You have to catch them sadly in the wrong light :(
I went to have a look at a demo A1 yesterday and the car was sitting in their handover room. So customers could come down and check it out. Could see the swirls...this is because its sitting under a uv light, obv doesn't help.
It is pos to have a swirl free car or maintain one with very little. But to be honest, I don't personally have time for it. :Blush2: