PDA

View Full Version : Bora Remote central locking resync/reprogram

keano16
10-06-2007, 02:17 AM
hi
I was getting my radio fitted by a mate and the live fuse burnt out and stayed dead for around 15 mins. This caused the remote alarm to go dead and I have tried resyncing it by following the instructions on the manual but had no joy. Can anyone please help me resync/reprogram it as I don't want to spend a fortune taking it to a *******. The car is a bora, 51, tdi se auto.

keano16
10-06-2007, 05:48 PM
Anyone, pretty please?

a8 tech
10-06-2007, 05:52 PM
You need to re adapt via vag com or the dealer

Eshrules
10-06-2007, 07:07 PM
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/eshrules/search.gif

try it ;) try a search for key programming, there are various guides on how to do it with both vagcom and manually.

i wouldnt take it to a main dealer unless you needed to code a key to the immo and didnt have the hardware/software to do it with. (see sig)

a8 tech
10-06-2007, 07:23 PM
Mian dealer will charge you .30 time units and will do it first time.Or try your look at independant and who may or may not be able to carry out simple task and charge more because they have to look it up.Depends on your out look but the dealers arnt ******** and there are set labour times for repairs..20 TU FOR CONNECTING 5051B,5051,5052.Or guided fault finding will have the time taken at the top of the print out.Sorry for the rant but i get abit annoyed with the constant slagging off of the dealers.

keano16
10-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Thanks guys for your input.
I will try searching again...definately not going to a ******* though. :beerchug:

Eshrules
10-06-2007, 07:57 PM
Mian dealer will charge you .30 time units and will do it first time.Or try your look at independant and who may or may not be able to carry out simple task and charge more because they have to look it up.Depends on your out look but the dealers arnt ******** and there are set labour times for repairs..20 TU FOR CONNECTING 5051B,5051,5052.Or guided fault finding will have the time taken at the top of the print out.Sorry for the rant but i get abit annoyed with the constant slagging off of the dealers.

there wasnt any slagging off?? i simply said dealers aren't normally needed unless its to do with the immo, to match keys to the alarm is a fairly straight forward procedure and with the correct guidence, anyone can do it.... THAT was my point.......