PDA

View Full Version : New Scirocco problems

mad_kows2
29-07-2010, 12:19 PM
Ordered a new Scirocco GT 2L Tdi (140ps) waited 3 months for its delivery. The car was self driven from wales to my address which is around 200 miles.

When i went out to inspect the car it was obvious that the dealers had messed up my order. The car was due to come with 19inch black alloys and car inserts, instead the car had the silver alloys with all its interior in silver.

To fix this the dealers have driven the car back to wales and will return it next week! Despite being annoyed about having to wait another week for my car this also means that when i eventually get the car it will have 600miles on the clock!!

The dealers are not offering me any discount for this, so far all i have is free car matts and free autoglym to compensate. I was thinking of trying to get a free full tank of diesel aswell. What does everyone think, what would you do? Should i be wanting more?

:(

Thanks guys

vwcabriolet1971
29-07-2010, 04:13 PM
I sympathise with your situation .I would try to reject the car as it was not what what you ordered. Even if the dealer manages to change all the trim without any problems ( which I doubt) you will end up, with in effect, a second hand car with 600 miles on the clock that could have been driven by a driver that is paid by the mileage ( will he stick to the speed limit - of course he will !). Carefully run-in- of course! Stick to your guns.

mad_kows2
29-07-2010, 08:15 PM
So you would reject the car even though that would mean another 3-5 month wait for another??

vwcabriolet1971
30-07-2010, 12:23 AM
I would reject but that's me. It may be different matter if I had no other transport. It would be good negotiating starting point if you did not want to lose the car. I'm sure you would find that the dealer would want to find a compromise rather than lose a sale.

Ravens
04-08-2010, 07:39 PM
The car should have been delivered on a transporter unless you gave them permission to drive it. I always insisted on a transporter even for Company Cars, having seen some of the speeds and driving, of new cars with trade plates being delivered.

RickT
06-11-2010, 11:32 AM
I would reject it on the basis that the car is wrong.

If the dealer is good at their job, you will not be able to notice all the trims have been swapped, but I bet you will find marks from where the job is carried out.

If they have messed up on that, are all the other spec's ok ?

Rick