PDA

View Full Version : Sat Nav multiple routes

magician
28-07-2010, 10:39 PM
Hi there,
B8 Audi with dvd based sat nav..I have read every page of instructions in the manual and played with the system and cannot get the route to show me multpile routes for me to chooese like I had on my old B7 model?
I did like the 2 route option and cannnot see it anywhere.
Can anyone shed some light on this please.
All the best.
Magician

MFGF
29-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Hi,

I don't know if it's the same with the DVD nav, but in my HDD nav, there is a setting (Vignette) to enable/disable this feature.

See image below:

http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss35/MFGF1/MMI%20Pics/IMG00056.jpg

It's worth checking the nav settings to see if the DVD system has the same option.

Cheers!

MF.

pitch3110
29-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Beat me to it MF......and clean that screen for gooooods sake

Pitch

magician
29-07-2010, 03:21 PM
Thanks for that guys.
Ohh man! Mine does not do that!!!!!
No way man I need the multiple route option.....hope there is a way how to do this.
All the best.

MFGF
29-07-2010, 04:27 PM
Beat me to it MF......and clean that screen for gooooods sake

Pitch

Sorry Pitch. I'm utterly ashamed! :Blush2:

Thanks for that guys.
Ohh man! Mine does not do that!!!!!
No way man I need the multiple route option.....hope there is a way how to do this.
All the best.

Are you sure? It's hidden deep in the bowels of the menu system. In mine, you go into NAV, press the Route button (top right softkey) then scroll down to Route Criteria and click on it to get to this menu. It's hard to find unless someone tells you or you patiently explore every submenu and button. If you don't have the option, then I guess it's something the DVD nav doesn't do.

Cheers!

MF.

pitch3110
29-07-2010, 07:47 PM
[QUOTE=MFGF;543007]Sorry Pitch. I'm utterly ashamed! :Blush2:

Blame the sun mate...........

Pitch.

Issac Hunt
29-07-2010, 08:19 PM
I didnt think that feature was available with 2G nav.

magician
29-07-2010, 09:29 PM
No it does not have this option. Althought I had searched every submenu too but did call my local master tech and he said bring it in tomorrow and there is a somthing that can be done?? will let you know as soon a I know

magician
29-07-2010, 09:54 PM
I didnt think that feature was available with 2G nav.
Yeah with my B7 audi and sat navb it on route start up give you a calculating route and it would show you a suggested blue coloured route and another one or 2 light blue routes which you could switch the dial to select....cannot get mine to do this????

MFGF
30-07-2010, 08:45 AM
[QUOTE=MFGF;543007]Blame the sun mate...........

I never buy it. I'm a Times man. ;)

No it does not have this option. Althought I had searched every submenu too but did call my local master tech and he said bring it in tomorrow and there is a somthing that can be done?? will let you know as soon a I know

It was worth a shot. Let us know what the dealer says. I suppose it's possible it can be achieved via coding?

MF.

ademski
20-06-2011, 11:07 AM

what was the outcome as i amhaving the same issue?