PDA

View Full Version : Help coding passat canbus South or Norfolk

thestig84
28-07-2010, 09:39 PM
Hi there

I am looking to recode my canbus to stop the battery drain issue that comes with the rcd310

If anyone can help I would be very grateful. I am in Marham Norfolk during the week and Tunbridge Wells Kent at the weekends. Obviously I can drive around a bit to get to you. Thanks

The car is a 55 Passat TDI Sport
Cheers
Adam

Lemonslap
30-07-2010, 03:39 PM
Hi there

I am looking to recode my canbus to stop the battery drain issue that comes with the rcd310

If anyone can help I would be very grateful. I am in Marham Norfolk during the week and Tunbridge Wells Kent at the weekends. Obviously I can drive around a bit to get to you. Thanks

The car is a 55 Passat TDI Sport
Cheers
Adam

Hi adam, I take it from the age of your Passat you have upgraded from the rcd300? If this is so it is not a matter of just recoding the unit on the canbus, it will also need a canbus gateway adaptor (£100 ish from a main dealer) then after this is fitted the coding can be done.

I live in Kent and will happly re code (for beer tokens) it for you after the gateway has been installed.

Hope this helps

Lee

thestig84
30-07-2010, 03:55 PM
Hi Lee

Thanks very much for the offer. I should have the new canbus gateway in a week or so Ill give you a shout when I have it.

Can I fit the canbus then drive to you or do we need to fit it there and then?

Cheers
Adam

Lemonslap
04-08-2010, 10:14 PM
You can fit it, I will happy drive over to Tunbridge wells. It will probably have to be the following weekend as the wife has given me orders to clear our garage out this weekend!

thestig84
05-08-2010, 12:09 PM
Lee
Next weekend is fine. Sunday would be best, how is that for you? Where abouts are you? You sure you dont mind travelling?

I was reading a guide about the recoding and it says we will need to read the old one. I wont fit the new one but ill take off the trim and have it ready to come out. What do you want in the way of beer tokens?

Cheers

thestig84
26-08-2010, 12:01 AM
Can anybody help? Or know where I can get help?!?

Thanks

VAGMAN54
26-08-2010, 12:07 AM
i take it your man never turned up ??

thestig84
26-08-2010, 08:13 AM
Unfortunately not. All went a bit quiet on that front.

VAGMAN54
26-08-2010, 09:18 AM
i will contact you in a few days time if you havent got it coded yet and i will do it for you ,let me know if you have got it done.....

thestig84
26-08-2010, 10:30 AM
That would be amazing, thanks. Im quite sure I wont have it done by then! Your pretty much my only hope.

Ill meet you wherever is best and let me know what you want for helping out!

Cheers
Adam

VAGMAN54
04-09-2010, 06:50 PM
let me know how you get on now its fitted and coded .....hopefully no more flat battery !!
always good to meet up with a forum member ..............

thestig84
06-09-2010, 05:06 PM
It was good to meet you Colin. It has been fitted for 24hours now ant the car just started fine so hopefully we nailed it!

Tip to anyone recoding the canbus....disconnect battery after fitting new canbus gateway otherwise it wont let you recode.

Thanks again, the Mp3s were great on the way to work!