PDA

View Full Version : Turn off audio

Hakydan
28-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Hi all, I need to turn off the audio (Radio & CD) in a new S5 for a customer of mine, purely for religious reasons.

Audi tech have said they cant help so does anyone here have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

H

Bratty
28-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Why can you not just hit the OFF button and instruct your religious freind that if he (or any of his sect) touches it they will go to Hell and live an eternity of turmoil (or the equivelent in there religion).

Dunk

zollaf
03-08-2010, 09:58 AM
what religion forbids music in cars ?

NickPicks
03-08-2010, 12:21 PM
Unplug the power connector from the back of the unit should do it. If the computer doesn't like that, then unplugging all the speakers should have the same effect.

I'm also curious as to which religion bans music in cars, but allows the use of an Audi A5.

ash7882
03-08-2010, 01:01 PM
If I had an S5 I dont think I would want to listen to any music anyway, just open the window and listen to the engine instead.:biglaugh: Better than most of the rubbish on the radio!

I am very curious also which religion does not allow music but is happy for you to cruise in an S5, thinking of taking up a religion in later life so that might be the one for me......

Bratty
04-08-2010, 01:44 PM
Its probably one of those radical Mid-West American sects, where they have interpreted "God coming down the mountain in a chariot and you will behold him" as "God coming down the mountain in a chariot powered by the biggest most powerful V motor that he could find and you will not disrespect that power by listening to crappy country and western on your 8-track".

Dunk

zollaf
04-08-2010, 01:52 PM
well after having a look on tinternit, the only religion that i think it could possibly be is islam.

Bratty
04-08-2010, 02:19 PM
I put the "CRAZY" scenario that perhaps it is a family of RICH origin who send there sons (obviously not daughters as they are for one thing only! loving!!?!!) and the bill payer has a few points that have to be stuck too in order to qualify!, which because they are just lads (and well educated!)they will get round it anyway! and Drink, **** etc! Till they are older and NEED respect (and BOY!! DO the Hypocritically Demand it).

CYNICAL! CONTRAVERSIAL! INCORRECT (its probably a monestry!) Who gives a Fick. If the poster of the thread cannot answer your questions that were put genuienely, then ??

Dunk

Bratty
04-08-2010, 02:26 PM
OH! and Hakydan before you do the old fajiata **** why would you spend that much money on a Proton? Whereas you obviously enjoy tuning cars Lancia, cracking classic car! Keep pushing the limits otherwise we will all be driving identical cars (Oh **** We Are!?!).

Dunk

stevo-dtm
05-08-2010, 11:18 PM
there is a religion similar to amish but who drive cars but dont listen to radio or have tv's in the house they are allowed use computers and the internet for work purposes only but forbidden to use them for hobby. i know a guy whos religion is like this but never asked him whats the name of it was i just know its not islamic ive been to a funereal and its very traditional period clothing like the amish eg bonnets worn on the head and no not the type of bonnets that we like to polish every sunday :D

TTQC180Canada
10-08-2010, 11:25 AM
Could you just put in a blank SD card? The Audio system resumes on whatever source you are listening to so in theory no sound should ever be heard.

Hope this helps

Perry

zollaf
20-08-2010, 10:19 AM
i guess we will never actually know what happened here. oh well, not the end of the world i suppose.