PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Speccing up a new Q5

Helicopter
28-07-2010, 09:40 AM
I'm currently speccing up a Q5 for March 2011 delivery to replace our current one (3.0 TDi S-tronic S-line). Happy to spend a bit more to get the best spec on it. Ours was approx £42k new and despite being two years old, 25,000 miles est by March 2011 will get £34k back on it. Didn't intend to change yet but the current residual is so good it would be almost daft not to IMO.

Going for the same engine, gear box option, both of which are sublime (Not sure if either is at all revised for the 2011 model year?) and S-Line SE Trim.

I will tick the usual boxes (Tech Pack, electric memory seats, Nappa) and a few individual ones for the family (Rear Entertainment, Rear Airbags, Window blinds, Privacy Glass) and a couple the really ought to be standard (Cruise, Light Pack, Storage).

Has anyone tried a Q5 with the Adaptive Dampers or Steering? The ride on our current Q5 can be a little firm on poor road surfaces but I'm not sure how much difference these would make? I've driven an S4 Avant with a similar system and wasn't that convinced.

Anything else we should be considering?

My best