PDA

View Full Version : Q7 towing

Gary64
28-07-2010, 08:57 AM
I'm looking at flogging my A8L and buying a Q7 from BCA. I'm fed up with losing at the dealer, so I figure that I can buy where they buy!

I would like a Q7 with sat nav, elec seats, no privacy glass and a towbar. The first three are easy to spot, but on a vehicle that may not have keys available for the inspection, how do you know if it has an electrically deployed towbar?

Are there any other Q7 quirks to look out for?

TIA

Gary

baylissboy
28-07-2010, 08:13 PM
If it's got an Audi tow bar there will be a removable panal in the lower part of the rear bumper, remove it & you see the electricals & tow bar fitting.

The only real issue with Q7's is tyre wear!!

andynpz
28-07-2010, 09:12 PM
I'm looking at flogging my A8L and buying a Q7 from BCA. I'm fed up with losing at the dealer, so I figure that I can buy where they buy!

I would like a Q7 with sat nav, elec seats, no privacy glass and a towbar. The first three are easy to spot, but on a vehicle that may not have keys available for the inspection, how do you know if it has an electrically deployed towbar?

Are there any other Q7 quirks to look out for?

TIA

Gary

Hi Gary, If there is an electric towbar there will be four square black push switches low down on the right sidewall of the cargo space near the hatch. Two operate the suspension loading height and two are for the towbar - there are tiny towbar symbols on them if you can get close!
It's a joy to watch the hook deploying!!

Cheeky question from me - why do you not want privacy glass? I don't have it, but have thought about tinting, but if there's a good reason not to..........................

By the way, reversing camera is quite good for getting near the trailer coupling - tiny fish-eye lens above the number plate.

Cheers, Andy

Gary64
28-07-2010, 11:25 PM
If it's got an Audi tow bar there will be a removable panal in the lower part of the rear bumper, remove it & you see the electricals & tow bar fitting.

The only real issue with Q7's is tyre wear!!

Thanks Baylissboy!

Gary64
28-07-2010, 11:29 PM
Hi Gary, If there is an electric towbar there will be four square black push switches low down on the right sidewall of the cargo space near the hatch. Two operate the suspension loading height and two are for the towbar - there are tiny towbar symbols on them if you can get close!
It's a joy to watch the hook deploying!!

Cheeky question from me - why do you not want privacy glass? I don't have it, but have thought about tinting, but if there's a good reason not to..........................

By the way, reversing camera is quite good for getting near the trailer coupling - tiny fish-eye lens above the number plate.

Cheers, Andy

Thanks Andy,

I don't like "privacy glass" because it looks like the car was in a write-off and has had new, clear glass at the front. Some people.....call it "chav glass", or "pimp windows". Heaven forfend that I should be such a snob!!

Regards

Gary