PDA

View Full Version : Double din heater cable fix

A3STEVE
28-07-2010, 07:06 AM
Hi guys, after suffering the hot days with heater permenantly on hot:zx11: due to double din conversion i decided it was time to sort, there have been lots of posts about this problem, i removed the heater controls and changed the plastic part that the cables push into on the back of the controls, the part a/c one has the holder for the distribution cable at 50 degrees not 30 like my original, this allowed that cable to fit straight in, the heat cable is different, i removed it measured to the middle of outer cable and cou a 4" piece of outer cable out, then cut inner cable (this is a solid rod) when you do this you must make sure that there is 1" of cable out of each end and then cut your cable in half:D,then i got a piece of welding wire (1.5mmstainless)and a couple of straight crimps(small red ones), cut a 2" piece of wire and cut the outer sleave off of the crimps, i got a piece of 5mm id nylon pipe about 6" long and slid it over original heater cable outer then crimped the 2" piece of welding rod to orininal cable to extend it,make sure you still have 1" of inner cable out of each end and then slide your new sleave over to cover cut section, superglue to orininal outer and ther you have it a cable to work your heating, did mine at weekend and works as it should:beerchug: hope this helps with this problem.