PDA

View Full Version : The original and only "What do you drive?" thread

Touran Man
25-06-2004, 11:58 PM
Just doing my bit to kick things off a bit.

Been Dub driver for all of 8 days, its interesting to think that the origins of my Touran go right back to the original bus.

The common genes are there, albeit mutated almost beyond recognition, but the badge remains, so I'm claiming my place on the family tree.

(Yes it is a stupid sig, I know)

stuart
26-06-2004, 08:13 AM
Just doing my bit to kick things off a bit.

Been Dub driver for all of 8 days, its interesting to think that the origins of my Touran go right back to the original bus.

The common genes are there, albeit mutated almost beyond recognition, but the badge remains, so I'm claiming my place on the family tree.

(Yes it is a stupid sig, I know)
Thanks for your input;) as this site is only about 6-8 weeks old, I think it is a "catch22" situation, people won't be the first to use it, but it will not get any better until people do:D. As I have said before, at the very least I will reply, I am on here most days and nights.

I have done this for a bit of fun, as a VAG enthusiast, with the hope that at some stage it will become a good source of VAG related information.

Once again thanks for joining, and you input, please tell anyone you know about it.

Stuart

gibby
13-09-2004, 04:11 PM
Hi All,

I'm currently running a MK1 Golf Rivage cab on a J plate and last week I've just bought a type 2 bay window camper on a '71 plate. Love them both for very different reasons.

Paul.

stuart
13-09-2004, 04:19 PM
Hi All,

I'm currently running a MK1 Golf Rivage cab on a J plate and last week I've just bought a type 2 bay window camper on a '71 plate. Love them both for very different reasons.

Paul.
Paul

Golf Cab, YES! but not a T2 camper:aargh4:

Stu;)

gibby
13-09-2004, 04:24 PM
Ha ha, oh yes Stu, been to too many shows this year and kipped on the floor in a tent so got a bit of liking for them and couldn't afford a splitty ! :o

stuart
13-09-2004, 04:31 PM
Ha ha, oh yes Stu, been to too many shows this year and kipped on the floor in a tent so got a bit of liking for them and couldn't afford a splitty ! :o
Paul

We all have our problems:D I would sooner sleep on the floor:p

No not really, would'nt mind a split screen myself, if it was 100% original, and in good condition, but as rare as you know what, and parts are getting hard to get now for pre 67 vehicles.

Stu

gibby
13-09-2004, 04:41 PM
Went down to Vanfest in Malvern Worcs this weekend and you'd be surprised how many bits you can get for them at the trade stands, they were mostly splits and bays down there so they are keeping on running. The one I bought has been totally restored, lowered (slightly), front drilled discs brake conversion and running '17 alloys so it's not original but it looks good. The splitty is getting too expensive now and they are asking for big money for fully restored vans now but people are still buying them.

Shame that ECP don't do air cooled stuff but I'll have to bring it over to show you, although I might need to ask if you can get hold of the front brake pads, I can't remember what code they are but I'll have a look and let you know.

stuart
13-09-2004, 04:47 PM
Went down to Vanfest in Malvern Worcs this weekend and you'd be surprised how many bits you can get for them at the trade stands, they were mostly splits and bays down there so they are keeping on running. The one I bought has been totally restored, lowered (slightly), front drilled discs brake conversion and running '17 alloys so it's not original but it looks good. The splitty is getting too expensive now and they are asking for big money for fully restored vans now but people are still buying them.

Shame that ECP don't do air cooled stuff but I'll have to bring it over to show you, although I might need to ask if you can get hold of the front brake pads, I can't remember what code they are but I'll have a look and let you know.
Paul

We do air-cooled bit's. not in a large amount, and most is to order now, but I can get stuff. Only stuff we cannot do is custom or conversion bits, I think German & Swedish do more in that line.

Stu

gibby
13-09-2004, 04:52 PM
Nice one Stu, if I need anything I'll give you a ring first and I'll get you the brake pad code so that you can check if you can get hold of them. :)

dolphinfreindly
27-07-2005, 11:56 PM
Hi guys 1st post on here, we have a T4 and love it to bits, its a 2.0l petrol so it goes really well (for a van :biglaugh: )
my bro has a T4 also but it is the 2.5 petrol auto, goes like stink!! and has just bought a buggy.
just thought Id say hi :beerchug:

stuart
28-07-2005, 07:56 AM
Hi guys 1st post on here, we have a T4 and love it to bits, its a 2.0l petrol so it goes really well (for a van :biglaugh: )
my bro has a T4 also but it is the 2.5 petrol auto, goes like stink!! and has just bought a buggy.
just thought Id say hi :beerchug:

And a BIG welcome to the site:D

Stuart

Chimby
01-08-2005, 08:56 PM
Hi there been looking hard for a good VW forum...well here goes my first post

I own a silver 03 Touran sport, iv had it for about 5 weeks and love it...so much so I orderd my new work car last week and guess what yup its a blue 05 VW Touran Sport...

Thinks iv found a pian in the **** so far "that really stupid pop up lid the middle of the dash"….my god does it ever vibrate, im currently trying hard to get it sorted.

Next purchase a Volkswagen Stainless Steel Exhaust Systems and a Satnav system (once I have found out how to remove the top cover)

hope to see more Touran people here soon...

Regards,

Chimby

stuart
01-08-2005, 09:01 PM
Hi

Glad to have you on the site, I appear to have sorted out the registration problem for you then:)

Not sure why no email was sent.

Stuart

Chimby
01-08-2005, 09:09 PM
Yes all working thanks...nice to be in

Regards,

Chimby

rega3
22-09-2005, 10:40 AM
Hi all, after having a SEAT Ibiza Cupra and Leon Cupra, I'm now the prouud owner of a Mk5 GTI with DSG box/Paddle Shift/Multi Function wheel- which is a fantastic car. I use it mostly at weekends but it is good for short trips/quick blasts and long distance stuff.

Good luck with the site, I've been on before but not for a while:D :D :beerchug:

manic
15-10-2005, 11:39 PM
Evening all!
Just registered this evening after following a link from Passatworld forums. Nice to find a UK based forum after the American ones. Hopefully this place will get a little busier with time.
Anywayz. Back to the theme of this thread. I have recently swapped my 2002 Pug 206 SW for a rather fetching (in my opinion, and yes, I am biased!!) 2001 Passat Tdi 130 B5.5 in Pine Green. So far I am loving it. I cover starship mileages with my job (approx 50000 miles per year) and this is without a doubt the most comfortable car I have owned to date.

dazza_1
16-10-2005, 09:37 AM
hi manic i drive a blue 2000 1.8 turbo passat myself the link you followed must have been the one i posted last night like you said good to see a uk based site that actually includes a part for the passat

stuart
16-10-2005, 11:11 AM
I would just like to thanks to dazza_1 for posting the link on the Passat forum, and welcome you both as new memebers of this site.

I have added a new memeber introduction section as suggested by dazza_1, and appreciate any comments or suggestions anyone has.

Thanks

Stuart