PDA

View Full Version : Am i glad ive found you .

slimjim
09-06-2007, 04:20 PM
Hi I'm the proud owner of a 1998 A4 TDi Avant . Perfect for me put dogs in back , i like power delivery of the diesel engine and build quality of the Audi and cheap enough to buy as a second car. Well after purchasing this morning i knew it had wishbone , bushes problems . After knocking a couple of hundred quid of price took it to the garage to let them have a look seems the whole lots gone and i believe you get a kit to replace the whole lot . Anyone know where i can buy a kit with bushes , wishbones , ball joints etc .Any help would be much appresiated .
:beerchug:

Jabez
09-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Hi I'm the proud owner of a 1998 A4 TDi Avant . Perfect for me put dogs in back , i like power delivery of the diesel engine and build quality of the Audi and cheap enough to buy as a second car. Well after purchasing this morning i knew it had wishbone , bushes problems . After knocking a couple of hundred quid of price took it to the garage to let them have a look seems the whole lots gone and i believe you get a kit to replace the whole lot . Anyone know where i can buy a kit with bushes , wishbones , ball joints etc .Any help would be much appresiated .
:beerchug:

Hi
Seen them on ebay direct from Germany for as little as £120 + postage
1 of the sellers seems to have good feed back as well... was thinking to get my self a set....
cheers
mcc

slimjim
09-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Yeh i found these but was unsure if quality was any good or if i would get hit was tax . Was kind of hoping to find a UK supplier but beggars cant be choose.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=290123501290&rd=1&rd=1

slimjim
13-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Managed to get from a local supplier to the trade , its list price is £310 plus vat , i got it through a friend for £180 plus vat , bottom and top control arms , ball joints , track rod ends , bushes , drop links all new bolts and mechanic said its good stuff . It getting fitted just now , he also is fitting 2 rear shocks that i believe are a nightmare to fit . He gave me a price of £125 to fit the whole lot and since said he thinks he has shot himself in the foot .

Jabez
13-06-2007, 07:33 PM
Hi
Glad your sorted....
Sounds like a reasonable price for fitting....
Cheers
mcc