PDA

View Full Version : 1.8T dump valve problems??

twilliams88
26-07-2010, 10:32 PM
hi lads dont suppose anyone could help, just put a dump valve on 1.8T engine 2000. the turbo rins fine till thrashed for little while. as if the pressure in the turbo side is upsetting ecu or MAP sensor?? not really sure, but comp doesnt flash ainything on. could someone plz help need to sort it out as its bloody annoyin!!:1zhelp:

cvw
03-08-2010, 03:33 PM
did you put a dump valve on or a recirculation valve on . its the recirculation valve you need.

Crasher
03-08-2010, 03:36 PM
What is your engine code, AGU?

twilliams88
03-08-2010, 10:39 PM
hello its all sorted now thanks, turns out those engines disagree with dump valves badly, so have now put original one bk on until the new forge recirc one turns up. am hoprfully gunna upgrade engine alot more over christmas, anyone got any ideas apart from, cams big valve head ko3s turbo??

Aptuning
20-08-2010, 04:09 PM
How about a remap?? :biglaugh:

twilliams88
23-08-2010, 10:06 AM
lol already got one :)

James36uk
31-01-2011, 05:42 PM
hi all

First post for me whoop whoop, anyway im james from gloucester and i have just invested in a p reg audi a4 sport 1.8 turbo.

My problem is i dont follow the golden old rule "if it aint broke, dont fix it" and after owning the car for 5 minutes i fitted a "noise making" dump valve. Trying to be a bit clever i did buy one that was surposed to work with cars that have an air flow sensor as i knew these ones did.

However..... after fitting it the car, its just not acting appropriately and earlier i was on the dual carriage way and i just got a huge flat spot from 2k to about 5k. Its such a shame becuase i was trying to overtake a focus and i looked like a bit of a prat and had to pull back into the slow lane while i made sure i had the right pedals and such. I have read on here someone with a similar issue replaced the MAF meter and it fixed the fault however i dont think this is relevant as it was fine before i fitted this new valve.

Are there any other "noise producing" dump valvers out there that can shed any light on this one for me? The dump valve i brought is supposed to be an adjustable one however it dumps when it should and doesnt blow air out when im giving it the beans so am guestimating its around about set up

Much appreciated

James

p.s after further driving the car has actually become almost un drivable, this is something that has definately gotten worse since originally fitting the dump valve, i will have a look when possible to see if any pipes have come off. The car is litrally jumping all over the place, not constant at all

James36uk
13-02-2011, 11:08 AM
have since fixed the issue by removing the after market recirc BOV and putting the standard one back in, but i really liked the noise. TWILLIAMS could you confirm that the forge BOV's work properly with these engines? At a first glance mine appeared to be working fine but after 10-15 miles vag com brought up the fault code 00561 mixture addaptation. And no amount of dump valve adjustments fixed it :-(

Crasher
13-02-2011, 03:35 PM
What is your cars year and engine code?

James36uk
13-02-2011, 05:15 PM
P reg, AEB

Crasher
13-02-2011, 08:54 PM
A Passat then, thought it was a Golf for some reason. the AEB engine just seems to hate non recirculating valves.

rubel
20-02-2011, 02:30 AM
The best DV recommended to use for audi A4 b6 1.8T is:
FORGE PISTON CLOSED LOOP DIVERTOR VALVE

Part Number: FORGE-FMDV007

heres the link - http://www.amdessex.com/product.details.cfm?ProductID=973&VariantID=13&ReferenceID=5802

thats da 1 i have in my a4

SteelDaisy
31-12-2011, 10:41 AM
I have a 2001 1.8T A4 and had a dump valve fitted (cause I just wanted the noise lol). I've had no problems with my car at all.

I can ask my garage which one it is if it helps. It only took them literally ten minutes to fit and works perfectly.

MILLSY18t
17-03-2012, 12:20 PM
all 1.8t's hate BOV's or blow off valves, I don't know why, something do to with the engine requiring the boost back through the intake but again, not sure why this upssets it. As the others have said stick with a Divertor Valve, the standard vag one is ok if your car has not had it's manifold absolute pressure increased (re-map). I went with forge copy off ebay (£30), a little immoral but i didnt have the money for the forge and desperatley needed a new DV with uprated capability. Its been fine so far, just make sure you open it up and grease the seals every 6 months or so (in a similar manner to the forge units).

If you have cone type air filter you will hear the pooosshh noise on boost dump, or at least I do.

Crasher
17-03-2012, 04:17 PM
The APR R1 is fit and forget.

MILLSY18t
17-03-2012, 05:15 PM
The APR R1 is fit and forget.

true, nice item but it's also over a ton.
I enjoy little jobs once in a while (gets me away from the mrs) and would prefer to spend the spare £70 on going out with mates. Takes 10 mins to regrease, grease is free from work for me- factor that into your costs!

the options are there heh.

i understand crasher is a legend on here and just to be clear, if i had that money spare (currently prioritising a clutch) I'd go for the apr one too.

Aptuning
19-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Theres also another item from Dahlback racing which is a very good product just like the APR is. Although it would set you back £150 including postage!