http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/251571/

Guest 2
28-07-2010, 08:39 PM
I want one ..

Brown interior .. Looks alright?

shabazmo
01-08-2010, 08:27 PM
Now there are three.

Assuming the press road test reports are decent, I will go for one, the 204bhp diesel. i was tempted tp go for an XF, but then looked at the new 5 series which was too bland on the outside, so its either XF or A7. I would prefer the Audi since I have been brand loyal since 1986.
Roll on Jan 11

baylissboy
19-08-2010, 08:44 PM
Seen one today!!!! We've got one until Saturday, left hooker, but you can't have everything!!!

Guest 2
19-08-2010, 08:55 PM
Seen one today!!!! We've got one until Saturday, left hooker, but you can't have everything!!!

Pics if possible? :D

shabazmo
19-08-2010, 09:02 PM

What do you mean? Are you a dealer and if so where are you? Do all dealers have one

Guest 2
19-08-2010, 09:09 PM
What do you mean? Are you a dealer and if so where are you? Do all dealers have one

I want to know this aswell. Belfast dont have one, nor do Glasgow or Edinburgh as I enquired about the A7 when I was on holiday :S

baylissboy
19-08-2010, 10:08 PM
I'm a Master Tech at Stoke Audi. It's a press car that Audi are taking around a few selected dealers, we've got it until Saturday I believe. Don't know where it's going next. We seem to get a look at all the new stuff quite early, saw a RS5 about 4 months ago!

The cars are always left hookers, but being Audi press/demo cars they're always well specced!!

Guest 2
19-08-2010, 10:10 PM
i'm a master tech at stoke audi. It's a press car that audi are taking around a few selected dealers, we've got it until saturday i believe. Don't know where it's going next. We seem to get a look at all the new stuff quite early, saw a rs5 about 4 months ago!

The cars are always left hookers, but being audi press/demo cars they're always well specced!!

Pics pics pics :D Do they look well in real life?

shabazmo
19-08-2010, 10:11 PM
Are the public allowed to look or is it just for staff.

baylissboy
19-08-2010, 10:14 PM
pics pics pics!!!!!
I'd love to mate, but I don't have a digital camera!! I'll see if I can get somebody at our centre to sort some piccys for me, if so I'll post them.

You could always pop over for a look!!

baylissboy
19-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Are the public allowed to look or is it just for staff.It's in our showroom, not hidden away, it's for general display so anyone is welcome to have a look!!

It's in the bronze/brown colour with beige leather interior, not my choice, but the car looks really good!!!

Guest 2
19-08-2010, 10:21 PM
I'd love to mate, but I don't have a digital camera!! I'll see if I can get somebody at our centre to sort some piccys for me, if so I'll post them.

You could always pop over for a look!!

Not even a mobile phone quicky pic?

Ahh cant unfortunately :( Too far away for me! Would you know if its being moved to Belfast or Portadown showrooms anytime soon?

baylissboy
19-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Not even a mobile phone quicky pic?

Ahh cant unfortunately :( Too far away for me! Would you know if its being moved to Belfast or Portadown showrooms anytime soon?Mobile phone picture wouldn't do it justice!!

I'll ask the sales manager if he knows where it's going next.

Guest 2
19-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Mobile phone picture wouldn't do it justice!!

I'll ask the sales manager if he knows where it's going next.

Aww shame :'(

Thanks! Hope Belfast are getting it soon! :D

MFGF
20-08-2010, 09:33 AM
It's in our showroom, not hidden away, it's for general display so anyone is welcome to have a look!!

It's in the bronze/brown colour with beige leather interior, not my choice, but the car looks really good!!!

Hmmm. Think I might pop down for a quick peek. If I do, I will bring my camera...

shabazmo
20-08-2010, 02:38 PM
I spoke to Audi HO Milton Keynes who after consultation said there was none in the country. I told them to speak to Stoke Audi, and funnily enough, they found one. Apparently this is the only one in the UK and its gouing back to Germany this weekend for a show. He will cal me back on Monday and let me know when the next one will arrive.

Guest 2
20-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Apparently this is the only one in the UK and its gouing back to Germany this weekend for a show. He will cal me back on Monday and let me know when the next one will arrive.

If you wouldn't mind, when you're next talking to them could you see if any are heading to Belfast or Portadown anytime soon? :D

Thanks!

onemanparty
20-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Audi A7 is heading to most Audi Centres during September according to my Audi contact:confused:

baylissboy
20-08-2010, 08:01 PM
Best be quick if you want a look, it's going tommorrow!!!

We're having an A1 Tuesday, but only from 12pm until 8pm!!

MFGF
23-08-2010, 12:15 PM
Best be quick if you want a look, it's going tommorrow!!!

Thanks for the heads-up. I read it too late, sadly. I turned up with my camera just before lunchtime on Saturday and the car had gone... Chris L said the guy was there to pick it up early doors - before anyone else had arrived.

The journey wasn't wasted, though. I took the opportunity to book my car in for a software/nav update.

Cheers!

MF.

baylissboy
23-08-2010, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the heads-up. I read it too late, sadly. I turned up with my camera just before lunchtime on Saturday and the car had gone... Chris L said the guy was there to pick it up early doors - before anyone else had arrived.

The journey wasn't wasted, though. I took the opportunity to book my car in for a software/nav update.

Cheers!

MF.Yeh, I got to work at 8 & the guy was getting it loaded. Put it in the back of a old battered truck, not an Audi sign in sight, you'd never have guessed what was in the back!!

You've booked your car in for the Nav up-date? I had a little look at the DISS that Lee had sent about your radio issue, nothing back yet!!!

MFGF
24-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Yeh, I got to work at 8 & the guy was getting it loaded. Put it in the back of a old battered truck, not an Audi sign in sight, you'd never have guessed what was in the back!!

You've booked your car in for the Nav up-date? I had a little look at the DISS that Lee had sent about your radio issue, nothing back yet!!!

Are you sure it wasn't A6 Chris in a rental truck? ;)

My car is still on the Revision J software release. Back in April Lee said we should probably try the next release when it became available to see if it made a difference. My car also suffers from the "now turn left" nav voice prompt issues, and another poster claims the latest update fixed these in his car, so I'm being optimistic and hoping that at least one of the issues is sorted by the update.

So far each software update applied has subtly changed the behaviour of the radio retuning issues on my car without fixing them, then Lee has updated the DISS report with details - if this process can help in identifying the exact problem, I'm more than happy for it to continue :)

I was pondering which of the Master Techs you were too - you're not Lee, so that leaves S or R. I reckon S! :)

Cheers!

MF.

baylissboy
24-08-2010, 06:32 PM
I was pondering which of the Master Techs you were too - you're not Lee, so that leaves S or R. I reckon S! :)

Cheers!

MF.You could be right there!!!;)

MFGF
25-08-2010, 10:42 AM
You could be right there!!!;)

Lucky guess! :) To be honest, I couldn't see R being the type to join a new-fangled computer forum thingymabob (is it true he started working there when Elizabeth I was on the throne? ;) )

:beerchug:

MF.

baylissboy
25-08-2010, 11:25 PM
Lucky guess! :) To be honest, I couldn't see R being the type to join a new-fangled computer forum thingymabob (is it true he started working there when Elizabeth I was on the throne? ;) )

:beerchug:

MF.Actually he was working here before that!!!:biglaugh:

jamesjohn012
09-11-2010, 04:55 PM
Hey nice one.... upload some pics...

devine_nathan
11-11-2010, 08:52 PM
there was one in chingford audi having a photoshoot in the show room about 3 weeks ago.

i cant say i was jerking off over it or anything.

kinda a pointless car imo? isnt it something between the A6 and A8?

just buy an A8 2bh.

Guest 2
11-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Got a letter from Agnews today saying that their Portadown showroom is hosting an open night which will feature the A7, A1 and the new RS5 :) Hope im off that night and if im not I may come down with the flu or something which would be terrible because I would have to stay home and rest :D

Guest 2
20-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Well today was a big plus for me. I actually seen an Oolong Metallic A7 at Audi this afternoon. Loving the colour, kinda like a dark brown/black. I also had fun playing with the MMI which included the little touch pad/writing pad thing incorporating the motorised MMI screen.

Ive been waiting for this for ages and would seriously consider signing on the dotted line just to get one. The car in the showroom had a price tag of £57,000! :O

Sorry for the lack of pics because I totally forgot about them! They also had demo A1's (TFSI & TDI in Sport & S-Line spec respectively).