PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Audi 80 Sport auto intermittent Electric stalling and Starting Probs

mrseggs1
26-07-2010, 01:24 PM
I have an M reg Audi 80 Sport I have had 3 different Mechanics look at it...had the relays checked and throttle.....Sometimes it starts first time sometimes not all, rarely when i take my foot off the accelerator at lights it stalls...recently im having probs with the Electrics......windows,sunroof etc not working....please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

RJS_90q
28-07-2010, 07:14 AM
I had a problem with my 90 quattro where it would cut out, sometimes just for a second but other times it would not restart for a few minutes. It was getting to the stage of occuring daily :(

I started off by changing the ignition switch but the issue remained.
I then changed the fuel pump relay and it improved for a few weeks but still occasionally returned.

After much investigation, I found it was due to the fuse box.
Given your other electrical problems you are reporting, sounds like you may have fuse box issues too (?)

Another possibility would be related to any immobiliers that may have been added to your vehicle - are you sure they are not preventing the car from running ?

Hope that this helps.

mrseggs1
28-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Thanks for your advice..I have also had my relay changed which helped for a while also the throttle has been cleaned.

I am having it looked at again on Monday I will pass on the information you have given me.
Thanks