PDA

View Full Version : Remote central locking

Joto
25-07-2010, 09:43 PM
I'm having a problem with the remote key fob. I have to keep pressing the button countless times to either lock or unlock the doors. It will suddenly work once, but then I have to repeatedly press it again. I've two keys and both are the same. The batteries are fairly new.

I've resorted to just using the key to lock/unlock which works fine. I pulled up the carpets on the passenger side today and its bone dry. I checked the wires from CCM and they are in perfect condition.

Is there anything else I can check? Is there an aerial, or relay somewhere I can check?

yaman
25-07-2010, 10:43 PM
Could be a few things.

Aerial: its a coaxial cable at CCM

Remotes: are they flashing? do they work if you hold them close to the
wipers? buttons worn?

Undercarpet wires: dry but corroded under the insulation wrap.

Had to buy 2 new remotes for my 03 superb, they were just worn-out.
Can be got on eBay for £20 each, just needed the remote part, with
the right serial numbers, clip the blade part on, 20 seconds to sync and
now works near and far every time.

Regards

Jim

passat 130 tdi
26-07-2010, 09:12 AM
I'm having a problem with the remote key fob. I have to keep pressing the button countless times to either lock or unlock the doors. It will suddenly work once, but then I have to repeatedly press it again. I've two keys and both are the same. The batteries are fairly new.

I've resorted to just using the key to lock/unlock which works fine. I pulled up the carpets on the passenger side today and its bone dry. I checked the wires from CCM and they are in perfect condition.

Is there anything else I can check? Is there an aerial, or relay somewhere I can check?

try taking the earth off the battery for a while and reconnect , this reboots the ccm and usually sorts out those fobs - worth a try .

remember any radio codes . :D

martin1810
26-07-2010, 11:10 AM
Most garages can test the key fobs for you. If they test ok you probably have faulty CCM wiring.

Joto
26-07-2010, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the replies. One of the remotes is fairly new. The light is flashing on the remotes. The CCM wiring is perfect I checked them. I tried disconnecting the battery for an hour, no good.
I don't want to go to the garage but may have to give in. :(
I'm thinking they may need retuning.

I'd keep using the key but its a curse when its raining!