PDA

View Full Version : A4 3.00tdi v A8 4,2tdi

robtt09
23-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Bloke I work with had his A8 in for warranty work and they lent him brand new A8 4.2tdi. Phew what a car .It had every extra on it anyone could dream of ! Night vision (weird but useful) ,google connectivity for maps etc thro' the Sat Nav, blinds, camera for parking and thats just for starters. Interestingly the engine is cleaner than even the latest 3.00tdi with lower tax band.It goes like stink obviously and has all the latest quattro gizmos.But you know what it disappoints in the looks department.The old version of the A8 look better IMO.
Now if Audi would put that 4.2 in the A4 whooooooo

mkc
24-07-2010, 09:01 AM
Ive seen one of these in the flesh now. I was heading up a private country lane for a work event and this A8 came towards me. I forgot they had LED and didnt know exactly what the hell this was coming towards me. Good lord its big, it wasnt going to move over so we could both pass so I ended up in the bushes with him lording it in the middle of the road.

It was a metalic dark brown colour I think, almost black. I think they look great but I cant help but think now that the A4 is a smaller version in terms of looks!

robtt09
26-07-2010, 08:49 AM
Especially ar the back ..they are identical