PDA

View Full Version : oil pressure light

glynnd
13-03-2006, 03:58 PM
I recently had my golf serviced and the cam belt changed at my local timing belt center. Approx 200 miles later when I start the car, from 2000 rpm the low oil pressure warning light comes on. The car seems to still drive ok ie no nasty noises or over heating. I have just changed the oil again and put in the correct grade (in case the garage had not) and the light still comes on. The warning light still comes on at 2000 rpm even when i diconnect the oil pressure sender on the bottom of the oil pressure housing.
Is it the sender unit thats faulty:mad:

glynnd
16-03-2006, 05:23 PM
I recently had my golf serviced and the cam belt changed at my local timing belt center. Approx 200 miles later when I start the car, from 2000 rpm the low oil pressure warning light comes on. The car seems to still drive ok ie no nasty noises or over heating. I have just changed the oil again and put in the correct grade (in case the garage had not) and the light still comes on. The warning light still comes on at 2000 rpm even when i diconnect the oil pressure sender on the bottom of the oil pressure housing.
Is it the sender unit thats faulty:mad:

it turned out to be the sensor:biglaugh: