PDA

View Full Version : Bora indicator problem

xerian
08-06-2007, 10:24 AM
I wonder whether anyone could help me! I have a 2000 Bora and my r/h indicator seems to have packed up!...when I indicate left it's ok but when I indicate right the indicator noise goes ten to the dozen but no indicator lights (the bulbs are fine!) I am just wondering whether this is an easy fix as my haynes manual does'nt mention anything about this problem. Thank you

Flash2
08-06-2007, 11:54 PM
What happens when you switch the hazard lights on?

Jim.

xerian
09-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Hello Jim
all four indicator lights come on as well as the side repeater lights!
Dave

Flash2
12-06-2007, 07:11 AM
Sorry for not replying sooner. I've been unable of access the net for a few days.
It sounds to me like your problem could be the hazard switch. I think (and I'll check to be sure) the indicators are wired through the hazard switch. I think contacts in the hazard switch that link the R/H indicator switch to the bulbs has gone open circuit. That is why the flasher unit is giving you the rapid ticking.

Jim.

Ben
12-06-2007, 10:50 AM
It may also be the relay. Left, right and hazards all use it.

xerian
12-06-2007, 04:43 PM
Ok, thank you for the replies....I will have a look and see if its a bad contact at the hazzard light swich first. Funny thing though, the r/h indicator has actually worked on my 10 minute drive home from work twice since my original post (but the vast majority of the time it does'nt!)

nix sg
12-06-2007, 05:27 PM
my 1998 audi a6 has the exact same problem but on the left hand side, hazards work fine. thing is, its just intermittent!

Flash2
12-06-2007, 07:18 PM
It may also be the relay. Left, right and hazards all use it.

No, it's unlikely to be the flasher unit (relay) as it's only the right hand side that is showing a problem. Both the left hand indicators and hazard lights are working normally, and as you said the flasher unit is common to all three.

Jim.

xerian
13-06-2007, 10:45 AM
Thank you for the advice

Higgs
20-06-2008, 12:53 PM
Xerian,

I have the exact same issue as you, can you let me know how you solved it?

Higgs

xerian
20-06-2008, 05:39 PM
Hello there, Basically I just pulled out the Hazard light switch from the centre console, disconnected the wiring then gave it a quick spray with WD40, reconnected it then put it back, also gave a quick spray to the workings of the indicator arm on the steering column (just stuck the tube in and gave it a quick blast!)
Have had no problem at all with the indicators since!! (a year now!)
Hope it works for you.