PDA

View Full Version : general tech

windy
08-06-2007, 08:22 AM
:1zhelp: Hi this is my first time on the forum i have just bought my first ever vw its a1997 2.5tdi t4 102bhp transporter the van has got 113000 miles but the guy i got it of has just had the engine totaly rebuilt pictures to proof it the van is brill but has no power can't feel or here the turbo ??????
the van is quite hard to start and i'v seen a bit of oil under the engine
also at 70mph that was down a hill with the wind behind me the glow plug light flashers????
anyone know a good garage in the Rotherham 'sheffield area
sorry for the spelling
Thanks
windy:1zhelp:

plumb bob
08-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Personally I would worry about an engine that needed a total rebuild at 100k, either been thrashed or poorl maintained, or both, and a recently rebuilt engine should not leak oil or "play up"

A modern diesel engine should do in excess of 200,000 miles before rebuild is needed.

Sounds to me like this will get expensive, any chance of taking it back??

windy
09-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Hi found oil leak it was a butcherd sump. The engine was rebuilt because the head went so he spent money on the van new starter,exhaust timing belt,head all bill's to prove!!!!:1zhelp: so any help on power loss will be a help

plumb bob
17-06-2007, 12:39 PM
Got the same glow plug light fault on a cleo dci, it may be one of the relays, but this yet to be confirmed.
Can you get access to a diagnostic tool for ecu?