PDA

View Full Version : TIPS for Exhaust

magician
15-07-2010, 11:42 PM
Has anyone got the measurement for the exhaust tip size for a sline avant B8 2.7?
I am wanting to know if I can get an aftermarket tip to fit on the ends as a nice chrome effect of even a sligh oval rs6 look???? Thanks in advance,
Magician

Johnboy48
16-07-2010, 02:42 PM
I too would like this info, have tried everywhere to get chrome tips for my A4. You would think that Audi would sell them but apparently not,It would really set them off
Edit- Just found this http://www.extremeautoaccessories.co.uk/products.php?section=1172

A4 2.7tdi, Deep sea blue, Xenons, Sat Nav, 18" alloys, Leather, Sports seats, Drive select, Bluetooth, Rear sensors, Interior lights

magician
16-07-2010, 07:22 PM
HI Johnyboy, Have you got an Avant or saloon?
If so am sure the tips will be the same size? could you let me know the mm size please as I won;t be picking up my black beast 2.7 Avant until late next week!!!!
Many thanks,:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::bi glaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
Magician

Johnboy48
16-07-2010, 07:44 PM
Hi, yes i will measure them tomorrow. I have a saloon, should be the same size though

magician
16-07-2010, 08:30 PM
I am so excited at getting my 2.7, any thoughts on the power etc and what you think of it overall? Mine will be 15 months old with 19" 7 arm and also getting them powdered into black chrome before pick up, also flappy paddles too!!! :aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::a argh4:

Johnboy48
16-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Just had a look at the exhaust tips and the only way that you could put new tips on them would be to cut the old ones off. It is all in one piece from the back box and flares out at the tips so would be difficult.

I love my 2.7, plenty of power (for me anyway), i have the drive select which works really well. Fuel consumption is brilliant, keeping to 80mph can easily get 45 - 47 to the gallon. The multitronic is an absolute deam, you never feel the gear change and the paddles can be a load of fun