PDA

View Full Version : Audi A5 Cabriolet

s.parmar
14-07-2010, 10:18 AM
Hey Guys/Girls

I'm new to this forum, so would firstly like to say Hello.

I bought a new Audi A5 last September and have had multiple problems with it since and was wondering whether others are finding similar problems with their cabriolets?!

My car was recalled three weeks after delivery as it needed its roof replaced and thus my car was shipped back to Germany and returned to me after three months (On the day I returned car to dealership I was holding a piece of the roof in my hand as it had 'snapped')

I then had the vechile returned and have had further problems with the roof ... it opened and closed when 'it' chose too, it leaks, increased air noise disruption and last by not least the roofwas being worn away above the rear windscreen ...

Now after multiple phonecalls ... the best Audi say they can do for me is replace the roof for the second time in 9 months. Btw .. apparently they are doing me a favour as the roof 'damage' is apparently secondary to me storing the roof whilst wet.

Now, I am a loyal Audi owner and have owned 6 over the lat four years but am deeply dissapointed with current events and have lost faith in the A5 Cabriolet ....

tlionhart
14-07-2010, 03:51 PM
ive heard of similar problems with the A5 cab. I was gonna get this car but will now consider the coupe. Your best of going to a5oc.com/forums as its a site dedicated to the A5/S5. An owners club. It also seems the A3 cabriolet has a similar problem. Sorry to hear your situation with this stunning car. Hope you get this sorted out sooner than later. :)