PDA

View Full Version : T4 petrol engines and LPG conversions.

hurtgen44
07-06-2007, 07:42 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm looking for a LWB T4 and have come across one with a petrol engine and a LPG conversion (in good condition with low miles). Having just stumbled across your fantastic site I thought you guys and girls may be able to fill in a few missing blanks for me.
Namely, are the petrol engines in T4's any good and can anyone pass comment on the LPG thing please?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Dave

manwithtool
21-09-2007, 12:35 PM
Hi Dave,

did you buy the Van ? and how is it ? I've just bought a T4 Petrol although a non runner (electrical fault I hope) I intend to LPG it as well.....Interested in any feedback !

Cheers

Martin

manwithtool
18-10-2007, 09:28 PM
Well I've taken the plunge...I'm having LPG fitted as we speak by www.greenfuels.org.uk (http://www.greenfuels.org.uk) Should get the van back tomorrow or Monday...Cant wait....having a 70-80 litre Donut tank replace the spare....spare wheel can be left at home on daily basis.....but slung in the back for long journies...might even look a space savers ?

I probably won; tbe able to tell you too much as I've only just got the van working...and MOT'd where upon the clutch started slipping...so new clutch kit ordered (£110 GSF !)...Also found gear linkage to be vewry worn...I strongly suspect the previous owner was pulling away in 3rd...new clutch just 15 moth ago !

I'll keep you updated....

Cheers
PS if anyone does contact Green fuels give my name as the link...might get me a kick back of some sort !!
Cheers Martin