PDA

View Full Version : electric windows

stevie-g-2.6
11-07-2010, 08:46 PM
i bought myself a 95 2.8 quattro avant a couple of weeks ago..only done 99k all backed up with history etc...the only thing i can find wrong is the electric windows.
they all work, but the only window to do the one touch open is the drivers one...it opens on one touch, but doesnt close on one touch...i have to hold the button down until its shut, the same with the others but having to hold to open and close.

how do you go about rectifying this?..i.e re-setting it..

i can vaguely remember seeing something for the a4, but im hopeless with the search thingy here:D

hamma
30-07-2010, 12:55 PM
Hi,
i have heard that power windows control unit is programmable. you can do it with VAG-COM.

Just to let you know, central locking, power windows and remote control are all managed by the same unit. reprogramming the power windows system means to reprogram the central locking. you can also activate the blinking turn lights when locking adn unlocking, windows closing when locking the vehicle...

bagpipingandy
04-08-2010, 10:11 AM
i bought myself a 95 2.8 quattro avant a couple of weeks ago..only done 99k all backed up with history etc...the only thing i can find wrong is the electric windows.
they all work, but the only window to do the one touch open is the drivers one...it opens on one touch, but doesnt close on one touch...i have to hold the button down until its shut, the same with the others but having to hold to open and close.

how do you go about rectifying this?..i.e re-setting it..

i can vaguely remember seeing something for the a4, but im hopeless with the search thingy here:D

the drivers one sounds like it could be the switch is faulty, all others try raising the window and holding the switch up for a few seconds, this re sets the height, you will hear a small click (you have to do this every time you remove the battery) this should then allow the one touch to open/close, to work.

Andy