PDA

View Full Version : A2 TDi pulling really poorly! please help

MSS3
11-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Hi Guy's

I have a Audi A2 1.4 tdi 2001/51 with 97,000 miles,

It drives fine, but it doesn't have as much torque as it should, as I noticed today, it takes some time to build up speed and won't go over 80 mph on motorway.

I think it is the Air mass Sensor, I took this part out and it looks fine so it could be the diode on the outside of the sensor, it seemed to drive back like it old shelf pulling well again however it's now back to running flat.

How can I be sure it is this sensor? I have had this happen to me on a 1.9tdi Golf and Passat and after sensor was replaced they were fine.

Any Idea how much these units cost?

martin1810
11-07-2010, 03:24 PM
You can check MAF performance with VCDS.

MSS3
11-07-2010, 07:07 PM
You can check MAF performance with VCDS.

Hi Martin,

I don't want to sound a bit slow, but what is VCDS mate?

MSS3
14-07-2010, 06:16 PM
Hi Guy's

I have a Audi A2 1.4 tdi 2001/51 with 97,000 miles,

It drives fine, but it doesn't have as much torque as it should, as I noticed today, it takes some time to build up speed and won't go over 80 mph on motorway.

I think it is the Air mass Sensor, I took this part out and it looks fine so it could be the diode on the outside of the sensor, it seemed to drive back like it old shelf pulling well again however it's now back to running flat.

How can I be sure it is this sensor? I have had this happen to me on a 1.9tdi Golf and Passat and after sensor was replaced they were fine.

Any Idea how much these units cost?

Turns out Inter-cooler knackered with seal gone and un repairable.