PDA

View Full Version : Question A3 1.8T Quattro Turbo Boost adjustment

Jungle
07-07-2010, 11:25 PM
Hi, I've just come back to Audi Quattro ownership following Z4 failure to cope in snow. No road gritting happens where I live in winter.

The A3 has supposed to have been chipped to 225 and has a Piper x induction kit & forge dump valve and forge varaible boost valve, turbo countdown timer and boost Gauge. It has a new turbo and has 125k on the clock.

I was advised by previous owner not to have full boost and to keep to 1.5 bar to save Turbo.

5 days in to ownership and the EML lit up so I took it for a check over and have been advised to upgrade the "J" N75 to cope with Forge upgrade which should stop EML comming on. (Its come on again tonight 4 days after reset and less than 100 miles)

I'm going to revert to standard air filter to get cooler air in to the engine (and save £80 insurance)

Q1. If I revert to standard Dump Valve "710" (£30) rather than changing N75 (£60) would I still need to worry about too much boost from chipping or are you all sniggering at my lack of basic engine/turbo knowledge?

Thanks

Jungle

kevsambells
12-07-2010, 06:50 PM
well i ad an uprated n75 valve and forge splitter valve on my 1.8 turbo golf and this did not change anythin apart from the performance but 3 days ago i bought an a3 1.8 turbo quattro and put the n75 race valve and the splitter valve on this also and nothin has cum up electronicly. however the performance was improved by a long shot and all i had 2 do was get it plugged in and jus see if it had set of any codes wich it never done hope this helps in a little way