PDA

View Full Version : AMI interface cables

CNS010
07-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Greetings to fellow A4 drivers..

Just taken delivery of my new company A4.

I had ordered the AMI option, which I understand should come with both the iPod AND USB interface cables, however the dealer only supplied the iPod cable. Is this correct? Has anyone else just been supplied with one cable?

certacito
07-07-2010, 05:29 PM
Hi,

Not got mine yet but I've read on various other forums that you should now get both a USB & an iPod cable.

Enjoy your new car.

GolferPete
07-07-2010, 06:08 PM
From Page 53 of the current A4 brochure:

Audi Music Interface (AMI). Universal connection for use with stereo audio sources, USB and MP3
devices including Apple iPod generation 4 onwards (iPod, iPod classic, iPod mini, iPod nano, iPod
photo, iPod video, iPod touch). Provides intuitive control through the audio system and multi-function
steering wheel. It also replicates the iPod display on the audio screen and DIS, including track titles.
The interface provides a charging function (dependent on device). Must be combined with Concert or
Symphony radio or a technology package (includes 2 cables to connect your iPod or USB MP3 device)

gazza1
07-07-2010, 06:27 PM
yeah mine cam with both-think they were in the same packet

sleepingdog
07-07-2010, 07:23 PM
I got a new S4 at the beginning of June, fitted with the AMI. Like you it came with only the iPod lead. On further questioning a few days later the dealer confessed that it should also come with the USB lead, but that there was a supply problem from Audi. He did forward me one in the post several days later.
Get back to the dealer and ask for them to send one to you as soon as they get any in stock.

PNS2007
07-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Hi, recently sold my A4 and have the ipod and usb lead together with an Audi 250GB hard drive for fitting to AMI.

Anyone interested pm me.

Cheers

Neil

Nemo78
07-07-2010, 10:45 PM
I got a new S4 at the beginning of June, fitted with the AMI. Like you it came with only the iPod lead. On further questioning a few days later the dealer confessed that it should also come with the USB lead, but that there was a supply problem from Audi. He did forward me one in the post several days later.
Get back to the dealer and ask for them to send one to you as soon as they get any in stock.

I know wrong thread (and hijack) apols -

Sleepingdog how you getting on with S4 and economy? Been hearing different things about the V6Ts (I am assuming yours is a V6T)

juniperz
08-07-2010, 07:57 AM
Hi, recently sold my A4 and have the ipod and usb lead together with an Audi 250GB hard drive for fitting to AMI.

Anyone interested pm me.

Cheers

Neil

So you sold your car that had AMI fitted, and kept the 2 leads?
Do you also remove light bulbs when you move house?

sleepingdog
08-07-2010, 05:15 PM
I know wrong thread (and hijack) apols -

Sleepingdog how you getting on with S4 and economy? Been hearing different things about the V6Ts (I am assuming yours is a V6T)

Hi Nemo,

Yes, it is a V6T with about 1100 miles on the clock now. As far as the fuel economy goes I am pleasantly surprised! I was really dreading what it was going to be like having come from a 535d (got 32 mpg with that), at the moment I am averaging 24-25 mpg and most of that is urban driving. On a long run up north (live in Glasgow) I can get 29 or so.

I am a fairly conservative driver I guess, but still give it some welly from time to time.

PNS2007
08-07-2010, 07:43 PM
So you sold your car that had AMI fitted, and kept the 2 leads?
Do you also remove light bulbs when you move house?

Not that its any of you business juniperz, I bought the two cables and the hard drive direct from my local dealer. They weren't supplied with the car when I bought it. Yes I did in the end get a free Ipod lead after speaking to Audi Customer Services and YES it stayed in my car complete with the AMI system.

Not that I have to justify myself to you or anyone else.

Can't understand why people like you post comments like this. Joke or no joke.

Nothing personal my friend.

Kind regards

a8 tech
08-07-2010, 07:57 PM
I thought it was funny, but to clear things up you should receive the ipod and usb leads.

The usb lead can be used for the firmware updates I have posted on the forum.

There are also micro leads and a2dp bluetooth options for music streaming

latest 3g+ in a8 has built in a2dp to allow streaming as standard

I covered this topic ages ago about the leads and how to carry out the firmware update for ami, but you need to search for it

juniperz
08-07-2010, 08:21 PM
Not that its any of you business juniperz, I bought the two cables and the hard drive direct from my local dealer. They weren't supplied with the car when I bought it. Yes I did in the end get a free Ipod lead after speaking to Audi Customer Services and YES it stayed in my car complete with the AMI system.

Not that I have to justify myself to you or anyone else.

Can't understand why people like you post comments like this. Joke or no joke.

Nothing personal my friend.

Kind regards
You are quite right, I apologise unreservedly.
I got two cables with my car (had to chase for the 2nd one) and I jumped to the wrong conclusion.

PNS2007
08-07-2010, 08:33 PM
:bigok:

No worries, I edited my post after reading it as I over reacted.

:beerchug:

juniperz
08-07-2010, 08:41 PM
:bigok:

No worries, I edited my post after reading it as I over reacted.

:beerchug:
It sounds as though I should be glad I didn't see the original!