PDA

View Full Version : Question Strange Noise Pls Help

georgevwplus
07-07-2010, 06:59 AM
Hi Every one.

Just a week ago I noticed a strange noise coming from the front passenger side, the noise happens when the car is stationary , when I push the gas the noise goes....I think its something to do with the A/C but I'm not sure.

Does anyone had the same problem???I'm really disappointed I thought that purchasing VW a German Car I don’t have to worry for at least 5 yrs but it seems I was wrong :mad:

genix
07-07-2010, 02:08 PM
Hi Every one.
Just a week ago I noticed a strange noise coming from the front passenger side, the noise happens when the car is stationary , when I push the gas the noise goes....I think its something to do with the A/C but I'm not sure.
Does anyone had the same problem???I'm really disappointed I thought that purchasing VW a German Car I don’t have to worry for at least 5 yrs but it seems I was wrong :mad:

I suppose it might be the AC... it depends of course what sort of noise, but there is no better way of finding out than a good mechanic...

In my opinion it is a misconception that german cars are trouble free... stats say that even Hondas and Toyotas :aargh4: have their share of failures... I guess all you get from a german car is a better finish and build quality...

georgevwplus
08-07-2010, 07:50 AM
the noise sounds like a motor or a fan(tak tak tak):D constant noise on low rev only below 1000 (idle), actually yesterday I noticed that the noise is coming from the area below the passenger seat....in any case I have arranged to visit VW on Monday to check...it’s just till Monday I will keep thinking what it can be
I agree that German cars are not trouble free....but this one is 8months old only:zx11:

Frelon
12-07-2010, 12:32 PM
I have had a noise from the A/C in my car from new!! Unfortunately when new it was intermittent and never showed up when I took it to the garage.

However I understand (from previous threads) that it is a common fault (that VW know about) but costs too much to rectify (labour costs) on second hand cars.

I have learnt to live with it. Pity really because apart from this niggle the car is great.

genix
20-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Hi george,

What was the result of your visit to the VW garage?

Any useful conclusions/tips you could share with us?

Thanks and regards,