PDA

View Full Version : Audi Missed Recall On A6 Leads To Fire

loyal
06-06-2007, 05:51 PM
Beware Audi 1999 A6 Owners: On May 2nd My Car Was Scheudled For Service. I Indicated To The Audi Service Department That My Car Had A Very Strong Penetrating Sulfur Smell Coming From The Inside W/wo The Ac On. I Received The Car Back On May 9th. A Week Later On May 16 The Car Caught Fire While Driving And I Barely Made It Out Of The Car. I Watched The Car Burn Completely. Some Days Later I Found Out That There Was A Recall Initiated In July 2004. The Service Department For Audi Missed The Recall. I Had Never Taken The Car Anywhere Else Since It Was Purchased. How Could This Have Happened? In Good Faith I Contacted Audi Regarding This Matter And Requsted A Replacement Of My Vehcile. A Fair Request For Having Put My Life In Danger. At First, They Stated They Had Performed The Recall. After Further Review They Accepted The Liability. My Life Was Placed In Danger Due To Audi's Negligence. The Way This Has Been Handled Is Unprofessional And Completely Unacceptable. I've Advised All My Friends And Families Of Audi's Bad Business Practice. They Are In Shock Over This. I Have Been An Advocate Of Audi Now For Almost Eight Years But After This Its Clear That The Manufacturer And Its Agents That Handles These Type Of Situations Are Conducting Bad Business Ethics. Please Be Aware Of All Recalls In Particular To Those That Have To Do With The Electrical System. This Is A True Story. I Tried To Resolve This With Audi Directly But Unfortunately It Has Come To Taking This To The Next Level.

gteyes
07-06-2007, 07:35 AM
hi mate,
sorry to hear about your car god job your ok.
what was the recall for do you know?

loyal
07-06-2007, 05:33 PM
I don't have all the specific information but its for electrical system recall issued in July 2004 (04V133000). Please advise anyone you know that has a 1999 or 2000 Audi A6 to have this corrected immediately. What can I say at this point...

Sam
07-06-2007, 06:18 PM
It should be noted this happened on a NA market A6 and no recalls of this type exist for any UK market A6s