PDA

View Full Version : HID Fog Lights - How To Guide...

a4audio
05-07-2010, 11:27 AM
Ive recently upgraded the yellowish Halogen fog lights to match the Bi Zenon OEM lights using a blesk HID kit, and have done a quick 'How To' guide with pics in case anyone else was toying with the idea.

Im very pleased with the results and would recommend this.

PDF Guide attached.

Thanks,

dwl99
09-07-2010, 04:52 PM
Thanks for posting, guide is very clear. I had a look at the website you mentioned - has anyone used this particular HID kit to replace the standard halogen main beam on an A4?

I notice thay also sell a harness to power the ballast directly from the battery - are there likely to be problems if the car's original wiring is used?

a4audio
09-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Providing you stick with the 35W ballast / Bulb combo rather than the 50W ones that are about, you shouldnt need to worry about using an additional wireing harness. once running they use less power than the standard halogen bulbs anyway.
You will need the digital/canbus error cancelling Ballasts though.

A4Audio

dwl99
09-07-2010, 05:15 PM
I think the ones advertised on the hidorigin.com site are error cancelling. I know that they use less power than regular bulbs but I think that there will probably be a larger current surge when they are initially turned on.

a4audio
09-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Yes the initial current surge is slightly greater (as the ignighter charges) than what the halogen bulbs use when running but this doesn't cause a problem from experience.
I think the majority of hid origin's kits are 'canbus ok'. Best thing to do is to drop then an email or call then with your requirements and they will be able to answer any questions you have. I found them to be genuinely interested and very helpful, hense the write up. Credit where credits due.