PDA

View Full Version : Windsreen wipers sharan 1.9tdi 99reg

billiemaye495
04-07-2010, 06:29 PM
Hello first post .
Our windsreen wipers are a bit hit and miss ,the last yr or so when it rains sometimes they come on sometimes they dont ,

its like taking a gamble,everytime you go out and it rains wil they werk or wont they ,we went to cornwall last yr rained on and off werked ok no problems ,then go on a short journey dont come on at all :aargh4:.

Now they are on continually even when the wiper switch is in the off possition,i have had to pull the fuse out as i am worried about burning the motor out .
i have looked at some threads it cant be the motor sticking asit is moving smoothly,i have pulled the scuttle tray out ang spray greased everywhere,do you think it could be a switch from the wiper switch on the steering wheel to the motor ?
The mrs is going to take it into our local garage this week to have a proper look,i just wanted to be armed with some info first :nervous:

Thanks again Andy.

jmy
30-07-2010, 07:16 PM
I had the same problem with intermittent wiper function. One setting never worked then complete failure. After much searching and checking stuff out i found the problem was where the passenger side front bonnet hinge when closed had cut through the wiper wiring bundle. worth a look

Peter