PDA

View Full Version : Driving in Europe - Headlamps & Beam adaptors / Eurolites

genix
02-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Hi,

Just bought a set of Eurolites Beam Adaptors only to discover that instructions are given only for Golf Plus 06/2006 to present.

I wonder if this is just a mistake (though I've checked the latest version online at http://www.motoring-into-europe.co.uk/products/travel-spot-latest-vehicle-listing.pdf as well), or the headlamps on cars with 05 and 55 reg plates (i.e. manufactured earlier than June 2006) are indeed different. Anyone having knowledge of that?

It would be appreciated if any Golf Plus owner wants to share his experience related to beam deflectors/adaptors when driving in Europe.

Thanks and regards,

Frelon
05-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Hi

I live in France and visit the UK on a regular basis. Like most of the visitors to the UK I do not bother with beam adapters!! If you set your headlights on low you should not dazzle oncoming drivers.

......really depends on how much you are planning on travelling at night.

I see many British drivers arriving at Portsmouth and spending time sticking on their headlight adapters and GB plates whilst in the queue to board the ferry. I have never seen a French or German driver doing the same thing on the other side of the Channel!! Go figure!

genix
14-08-2010, 11:57 PM
For those planning to drive in Europe: the optional headlamp covers have marks to position accurately the black stickers that are supplied with them (see pic enclosed).

genix
28-09-2010, 11:42 AM
For those interested, have a look on ebay, someone is selling now brand new ones there (they are £44 from VW)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350398389131&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123

zbunjena
11-04-2012, 09:24 PM
I have a Golf Plus 06. reg and well I'm dumfounded about my eurolite deflectors... I have also seen the picture posted here a black square. can anyone show the image from front on...

genix
12-04-2012, 10:34 AM
I have a Golf Plus 06. reg and well I'm dumfounded about my eurolite deflectors... I have also seen the picture posted here a black square. can anyone show the image from front on...

I've had those (Eurolite deflectors) and I couldn't have them positioned properly.

However they should come with instructions - have you checked to see if Golf Plus (06) appears on the list?