PDA

View Full Version : 4Motion Sharan

Drui
30-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Anyone else got one of these? I've got the 1.9 diesel 4Motion but have never seen another one about in the 10 years I've had it. Would be intersted to know how many are about.

Drui
12-07-2010, 07:11 AM
Anyone else got one of these? I've got the 1.9 diesel 4Motion but have never seen another one about in the 10 years I've had it. Would be intersted to know how many are about.
I guess not many then............

4lotion
24-08-2010, 11:09 PM
I have a 2001 V6 4Motion Sharan, yes they are rare as rocking horse poo and not much beats it across a wet roundabout!
Truly a mental sounding car/bus and the family love it.
Had it 3 years now, MOT up next month so we will see whether it stays or goes!

kite
25-08-2010, 03:44 PM
We have a V6 at work that eats tyres.
But then it is used flat out up and down the runways at LHR

v6mikey
05-09-2010, 11:13 AM
I have a V6 4motion, what a cracking car.

Had it about 6 months now and very pleased. I see a tdi 4mo now and again, but never seen another V6 4mo yet.

Oh yes, I have just done a Haldex oil and filter change, you do not need to buy the haldex wrench as the filter is clearly visable on the side of the haldex unit. A pair of stilsens should get it. I bought the wrench before I looked under the car.

Drui
05-09-2010, 09:59 PM
I have a V6 4motion, what a cracking car.

Had it about 6 months now and very pleased. I see a tdi 4mo now and again, but never seen another V6 4mo yet.

Oh yes, I have just done a Haldex oil and filter change, you do not need to buy the haldex wrench as the filter is clearly visable on the side of the haldex unit. A pair of stilsens should get it. I bought the wrench before I looked under the car.

Thats useful to know, Ta. I have never seen another TDi but have seen a couple of V6's. Are they thirsty?

v6mikey
06-09-2010, 11:48 AM
Thats useful to know, Ta. I have never seen another TDi but have seen a couple of V6's. Are they thirsty?

I can get 30mpg on the motorway but it is 24 round town. Long term mpg for about 3K is at 23.8 mpg, this is mainly round town with swmbo driving.

We only do about 7K a year, so doesn't make a massive difference in cost considering we got the car really cheap in the first place, but it has all the toys.

bernard2
01-10-2010, 11:39 PM
I can get 30mpg on the motorway but it is 24 round town. Long term mpg for about 3K is at 23.8 mpg, this is mainly round town with swmbo driving.

We only do about 7K a year, so doesn't make a massive difference in cost considering we got the car really cheap in the first place, but it has all the toys.
Hi im new to this forum,has anyone had a problem with the 4motion because at the moment im having problems with mine not working,the traction control light is on and it is only driving with the 2 front wheels,also my temp gauge and petrol gauge does'nt work.http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon9.gif

Drui
03-10-2010, 11:34 AM
Hi im new to this forum,has anyone had a problem with the 4motion because at the moment im having problems with mine not working,the traction control light is on and it is only driving with the 2 front wheels,also my temp gauge and petrol gauge does'nt work.http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon9.gif
I am pretty sure there is a fuse somewhere that can be pulled to disconnect the 4wd, sounds like this could have blown. Someone on here will no doubt know for sure and will probably be able to help.

bernard2
04-10-2010, 05:07 AM
I am pretty sure there is a fuse somewhere that can be pulled to disconnect the 4wd, sounds like this could have blown. Someone on here will no doubt know for sure and will probably be able to help.
hi since my post imanaged to get the traction control light re-set & that seemed to work for about 5 minutes as the 4 wheell drive started working again so i think it may be something to do with the traction control light coming on ill have to find out what is causing that to come on.:zx11:

v6mikey
03-11-2010, 05:14 PM
hi since my post imanaged to get the traction control light re-set & that seemed to work for about 5 minutes as the 4 wheell drive started working again so i think it may be something to do with the traction control light coming on ill have to find out what is causing that to come on.:zx11:

I think I would get it connected to VCDS the new vagcom. Get the codes read to see what is making the light to come on, this should give you a good indication on where to look.

I know a faulty abs sensor will make the traction control light come on. This will disable the trac control and the abs.

Good luck.

v6mikey
18-12-2010, 02:52 PM
I felt very smug this morning pulling out of the drive with 10 inches of snow on it. Not a whiff of wheelspin. :p

Got to say tho the sharan 4mo has amazing traction. :D

4lotion
18-12-2010, 03:38 PM
Some might say too much, even with ESP switched off I can't get a decent donut out of the old girl!

v6mikey
21-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Just as a heads up. I had a noise from under the gear lever.

Turned out to be compacted snow from playing in the snow had caused an ice block to form on top of the propshaft. Knocked it out and its sorted. :D

pandor
22-01-2011, 07:27 PM
iv got a 2001 y reg ..the coolent lights keeps showing or flashing ..the water bottle is ok and the temperatuer gage is normal..

Drui
23-01-2011, 10:36 AM
I've had my 4Motion almost 10yrs now and it's been a cracking car but got a bit of money saved and thinking of changing it later this year. Trouble is what else has the versatility, 150bhp and 40mpg with 4wd? If only they did the new one with 4motion and a V6 diesel.........

Anthony67
28-12-2017, 03:04 PM
Hi, am new to forum and see above exchange quite old now.
I also have Sharan V6 4motion (2002) which is a great car except Haldex not working now
does anyone know where I can get this checked and fixed around East London area?

Scott K
28-12-2017, 03:25 PM
Welcome to the forum, Anthony. No idea where you could find someone but try looking for a good VW / Audi independent as they will have experience with the Haldex. The other option is to find someone local with VCDS and see if there are any fault codes.

Heilanpiper
18-12-2018, 04:43 PM
I have an exact 4motion Tdi 2002. It’s a cracking 7 passenger van in any roundabout. Photo taken Lossiemouth in Scotland.35511