PDA

View Full Version : Cordoba central locking schematic?

soantheseat
28-06-2010, 02:22 PM
I am trying to locate a fault in my 1999 Cordoba vario's central locking which has just packed up.

Checked earth and fuses.

So may be relay? or break in vacum line somewhere, or pump? :1zhelp:.

I live in middle of Suffolk and nearset seat dealer miles away. Also, although they are very helpful on the phone. (The parts guy there also drives an old Verio) I really can't afford anything except do it yerself.

Anyone goy a central Locking schematic? Guess this is the same as older VW & AUDI?

Ta!

soantheseat
05-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Did all Cordobas with central locking come with a 'remote' option? I have beentold they did and remote sensor is in the rear view mirror arm? :Blush2:

scotini69
30-08-2010, 09:15 PM
i am trying to locate a fault in my 1999 cordoba vario's central locking which has just packed up.

Checked earth and fuses.

So may be relay? Or break in vacum line somewhere, or pump? :1zhelp:.

I live in middle of suffolk and nearset seat dealer miles away. Also, although they are very helpful on the phone. (the parts guy there also drives an old verio) i really can't afford anything except do it yerself.

Anyone goy a central locking schematic? Guess this is the same as older vw & audi?

Ta!
if you can hear a pump running then yes it has central locking , most of the time its the actuator at the fuel cap that bursts causing the problem , because pressure is highest there next to pump. Listen for a hissing noise at fuel cap area, a quicjk fix is just block off hose and hey you have central locking again please let me know if this helps

soantheseat
27-10-2010, 08:41 PM
if you can hear a pump running then yes it has central locking , most of the time its the actuator at the fuel cap that bursts causing the problem , because pressure is highest there next to pump. Listen for a hissing noise at fuel cap area, a quicjk fix is just block off hose and hey you have central locking again please let me know if this helps

After quite a seach I have obtained another pump from local scrappy. Fitted it but no joy. Totally dead. I know there is not a leak in any of the pipes as pressure tested system.

Problem is def power to pump. Odd thing is 15 amp fuse OK, but rear courtesy light which I note is on same fuse also not working. (Bulb fine)

So I am now down to power supply fault? Earth? Where on eath do I look now?? HELP!!