PDA

View Full Version : Creaking and/or Squeaking

Sheroo
24-06-2010, 09:03 PM
My 2008 B8 S-Line has developed a creak when driving and turning the steering towards the right, at slow speed it really sounds nasty! I've rang Audi Bradford and the earliest they can book in for check up is two weeks away!

Is this a potential safety issue as I do much motorway driving?

gazza1
24-06-2010, 09:15 PM
Not quite the same problem-but my power steering was faulty and I drove 000s of miles on the motorway before I thought to get it checked out (stupid me). When I did I was told it was too dangerous to drive.

Thing is Oxford Audi didn't have courtesy car at first (though after getting quite angry with them they found me one). But there is this Audi recovery service e.g that will come pick up your car on your drive way and they will give you a courtesy car straight away.

I have read alot of people saying should I take it in...? and I say yes, it's under warranty, paid alot of money etc. etc. I think there is something wrong with the speaker in the passenger door and I will be going in to get it checked out.

a8 tech
24-06-2010, 09:30 PM
lots of B8 now suffer this and I have found its the lower ball joint arm osf, the grease has dryed causing squeak but also a few steering racks have caused a similar noise.
I WOULD SUGGEST AS THIS IS A STEERING PROBLEM YOU SEEK AUDI ON CALL ASSISTANCE TO INSPECT AND RECOVER TO THE DEALER IF NEEDED

Sheroo
24-06-2010, 10:11 PM
Cool, thanks for the prompt response gents. I will ring them first thing in the morning.

Sheroo
25-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Second thoughts, I'm going to leave till monday as apparantly you only get a courtesy car for two days!

gazza1
25-06-2010, 07:48 PM
Courtesy car for 2 days?!Is that all?! On saying that, they fitted a new power steering pump within 24 hours, so 2 days should be enough and it is a steering problem.

Sheroo
28-06-2010, 11:49 AM
Update: Audi Service Tech just came out, apparantly some gasket near the ball joint has worn away so needs replacing due to road salt etc, he doesn't think it's a safety issue so leave till I can take it into Audi Brad.

mrmojo77
30-06-2010, 09:01 AM
I've had a clanking noise somewhere right rear part for many months now. I hear it only when turning sharply to the right and driving over a kerb. It's annoying because I hear the sound every time I turn into my garage from the street and right rear wheel goes over the kerb.
The service has tried two times finding the reason for the sound but without success. They just told me that there's no loose bolts or other parts.