PDA

View Full Version : MFD display is KMH not MPH

steveaskew
22-06-2010, 09:38 PM
Hi All, I have just picked up my Passat CC 2.0 14o DSG, and i must say am very impressed with it, and it is a great swap from my last Audi A6, i have a RNS510 Sat Nav and bluetooth kit, all works fine, very happy, apart from 1 thing.

The MFD shows the speed in KMH, not the main MFD, but the alternative unit ones.

I have seen quite a few thread from VW salesguy, but nothing i try works:mad:

Anyone have the answer?:1zhelp:

Link to vw sales guy is here http://askavwsalesguy.com/tag/passat/

or shall i say, how do you disable the alternative display unit, as I live in the UK, and have no need to see KMH

Issac Hunt
23-06-2010, 07:34 AM
As your main speedo dial only shows MPH then you are stuck with KPH in the MFD (Euro regulations)

steveaskew
23-06-2010, 08:17 AM
so there is no way to turn this feature off, how annoying is that, if you watch the US link, they can do it, or can you do it via VAG COM?, I have VAGCOM :biglaugh:

Issac Hunt
23-06-2010, 08:21 AM
Other markets are adjustable, not the UK though due to legislation. It's fixed and VAG-COM can't do anything about it.

steveaskew
23-06-2010, 08:24 AM
ok, i kind of understand due to the speedo only being mph, but how stupid is this, i have to put up with it now, wish i knew this before i bought the car, it is very annoying indeed :zx11: thanks for the reply tho, much appreciated

gamichea
23-06-2010, 10:20 AM
It is very useful for driving in Europe where I cover about 3k each year. Much easier than trying to sort out the kph markings from the mph ones on the dial. Once upon a time this was not too much of an issue but now is with the proliferation of cameras and the tight margins (e.g.the greater of 5% or 3kph in France IIRR). I find I rarely notice it in the UK 'cos its not of interest.

Not as accurate as the GPS speed that TomTom et al can display when switched to metric units but a good half way house.

thax1
23-06-2010, 05:32 PM
As your main speedo dial only shows MPH then you are stuck with KPH in the MFD (Euro regulations)

And yet our Mini Cooper S allows MPH to be displayed in the digital console... and IIRC that only displays MPH on the centre speedo dial.

hartry
22-01-2011, 01:37 AM
Bit of a thread resurrection here, but you can do it in VAGCOM, go to Intruments and change the coding from UK to rest of the world.

Scooby-Doo
22-01-2011, 08:25 PM
My 08 plate TT,very basiv MFD,you could set it show MPH in the MFD with figures approx 25mm high,much easier than looking at the speedo.

simonsheil
22-01-2011, 08:28 PM
My 08 plate TT,very basiv MFD,you could set it show MPH in the MFD with figures approx 25mm high,much easier than looking at the speedo.

This option appears once you have changed the insytument region coding.