PDA

View Full Version : Question Q5 - A hard ride?

johnphillips
22-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Have just ordered an S-Line special edition 2.0 diesel have received a couple of comments that it has an unbelievably hard ride and is uncomfortable on a long journey. What have others experienced?

Most of the extras I would want are included in the special edition, like B&O stereo, DAB radio, rear parking sensor, so only needed to add folding mirrors and rear bench plus. Did I miss anything as might be able to add as delivery not until March? What a wait!

onemanparty
30-06-2010, 08:47 PM
Have just ordered an S-Line special edition 2.0 diesel have received a couple of comments that it has an unbelievably hard ride and is uncomfortable on a long journey. What have others experienced?

Most of the extras I would want are included in the special edition, like B&O stereo, DAB radio, rear parking sensor, so only needed to add folding mirrors and rear bench plus. Did I miss anything as might be able to add as delivery not until March? What a wait!

I've had a Q5 and have covered 9,000 in 4 months. I would not say unbelievably hard at all, But I have 19" alloys I believe you get 20" so that would make a difference but not a large one.

If you want a hard ride try an S3 that's hard. I think it's fine for a sporty ride.

Does Special Edition come with AMI I would order that if you have an iphone or ipod. Dual zone Climate control I wish I had ordered that

steve1234
30-06-2010, 09:24 PM
The s-line used to come with "s-line sport suspension" as standard. Audi have now (about 2 months ago I think) changed this so you now get "Sport Suspension" as standard with a possible no cost option of the firmer "s-line sport suspension".

So they are now a bit softer anyway!! We have just taken delivery of an S-Line with 20" wheels and it's ride is good......

svgusta
04-08-2010, 07:03 AM
Hello , I went to France this summer, and drive 7000 km. With drive select this is just a play ;-) I have done this trip with skoda, audi a6 and a4. This summer I had my best experience. This is the best car , so far for this type of trips...