PDA

View Full Version : Central locking has own mind, help!

gimble
20-06-2010, 08:40 PM
Hi folks, I have a 1993 80 E B4 ABK. My problem started when I closed the boot & the vehicle locked itself, this has happened a few times. Now the doors lock as I am driving & I am unable to open the drivers door from inside & have to use the outside handle. I can leave the car unlocked at home & return later to find it has locked itself. Any clues, can anything be reset, batt off etc. Thanks :confused:

gimble
21-06-2010, 06:04 AM
This site is as much use as **** on a bull, I'm outa here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:zx11:

SVstu
21-06-2010, 12:47 PM
Wiring issue would be my first guess, give the boot locking mechanism a clean up. Loose connection. Stu.

PS - Fingers crossed someone answers my question;)

micheal balbrig
22-06-2010, 11:38 AM
Hi folks, I have a 1993 80 E B4 ABK. My problem started when I closed the boot & the vehicle locked itself, this has happened a few times. Now the doors lock as I am driving & I am unable to open the drivers door from inside & have to use the outside handle. I can leave the car unlocked at home & return later to find it has locked itself. Any clues, can anything be reset, batt off etc. Thanks :confused:

Problem may be severed cables inside the boot loom (not visible) The suspect area is where the cable flexes and bends with boot opening/closing