PDA

View Full Version : Question No sound from alarm lol

kharva007
20-06-2010, 01:23 PM
ALRITE PPL HOPE U ALL ENJOYING DA WORLD CUP.....

I HAD A PROBLEM AFEW WEEKS AGO WHERE MA BATTERY DIED THEN THE REMOTE WOULDNT OPEN ALL THE DOORS ONLY THE DRIVERS DOOR. BUT SOM1 ADVISED ME TO UNPLUG BATTERY AND RECONNECT AND IT WORKS FINE NOW CHEERS.

BUT RECENTLY MA CAR GOT PICKED UP AND REMOVE BY THE COUNCIL AND I WERNT AROUND AND IM SURE MA ALARM MUST HAVE BEEN GOING OFF A NUMBER OF TIMES, WELL I GOT IT PICKED UP FROM THE DEPO AFTER PAYING £250 WOT A RIP OFF I FEEL THE COUNCIL HAVE ROBED ME......

BUT NOW MA ALARM GOES OFF ALL THE LIGHTS FLASHING AND EVERYTHING BUT I GET NO SOUND????? WOTS GOIN ON???

IT CHURPS FOR 1SEC THEN NO SOUND, SOMETIMES NO CHURPS AT ALL.

ALSO WHERE IS THE ALARM LOCATED??

I DID TAKE OFF BATTERY AND CLEAR BLOCKAGE PROBLEM AND CAME TO SUM DEVICE BUT I THINK THAT SOMTHIN ELSE:aargh4:

PLEASE HELP ME PPL

passat 130 tdi
20-06-2010, 02:23 PM
Da battarys in da siren will bee deed now if its bin gannen off far a lang time , da siren near da battery will need renewing,da batteries are inside of it , £ 90 or sew from da deelers. :D

kharva007
21-06-2010, 09:25 PM
so theres batteries inside the siran??

snapdragon
21-06-2010, 10:57 PM
Yo busted dat dam blow.

kharva007
22-06-2010, 12:04 AM
can someone please tell me in english

Sam
22-06-2010, 10:38 AM
can someone please tell me in english

Put your first post into grown up adult English, we'll answer in English.

Type like someone has stolen your keyboard, forced you type in txtspk and banned you from using vowels and you'll get the same inane tripe back.

Max-Power
15-05-2011, 06:21 PM
lol, funny!

On a side note, i've got a similar problem where the alarm hazards go off but no sound and my main alarm battery died a while ago. I'll check out the siren battery to see if that helps. Know of any pics on the web showing how to change it?

Cheers in advance :)

passat 130 tdi
15-05-2011, 06:31 PM
the siren battery is soldered in and is of a unique kind . i tried soldering some lithium camara batteries in to no avail , so i guess only a new siren will do - about £80 IIRC.

lift the cowling above the battery and the siren is to the left of the battery , its held in place by 2x10mm bolts or nuts IIRC . you may need to remove the battery to get it out though .

snapdragon
15-05-2011, 08:43 PM
I had the same problem, bought a new one off ebay, in new VW box, but when I fitted it, the problem was still there.
The connector wires were rotten, so I even cut the plug off and soldered them onto the siren contacts to no avail.
It may work for you, but at £60-80 it's a long shot. I'm not bothered, the car is 10 years old now, and neither desirable nor easy enough to steal for a casual theft. I don't leave anything in the car of value, and they would break in and steal it anyway even if the alarm was going off afterwards.

passat 130 tdi
15-05-2011, 08:48 PM
i ended up fitting a cheap 2 wire alarm from argos £19.99 , does a job.

Max-Power
16-05-2011, 08:27 AM
cheers guys, I'll check out it's condition and go from there, but if it's gone I'd probably get a proper VW one if possible. My car still great even though it's done 141k miles on a 2001 :)