PDA

View Full Version : Sharan Air Con Problem

phall
04-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Hi,

My wife's Sharan has recently developed the lastest in a series of air con problems.

The problem is that when the fan speed is switched to 3 or 4, the AC light (on the button) goes out, and judging by the temperature of the air exiting the vents, the air con switches off. Switchig the fan speed back down to 2 results in it switching back in (light comes on, cold air comes from vents).

Occasionally it does work on 3, but usually the above set of symptoms applies.

Anyone else had a similar problem?

Cheers,

Pete

andy e
04-06-2007, 09:23 PM
has then aircon been regassed at all, it might be worth checking the gas, most garages do this, usually costs about £50+ the dreaded vat. just saying it might be low on refrigarant gas

boomboomer
05-06-2007, 04:48 PM
The compressor works harder if the fan speed is set higher, so it sounds like it's cutting out under heavy load. It might just be a gassing problem as suggested or compressor/clutch/electrical etc.

Having it working at all is a good sign as the aircon in these cars is really poor - I replaced the compressor, evaporator, condensor and most of the piping in mine, luckily under SEAT 3 year warranty or it would have cost over £3k to get working.

phall
06-06-2007, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the help.

Sounds like checking the gas is the first port of call. The compressor is definitely cutting in & out - when the AC light comes back on, the engine revs dip momentarily as a result of the extra load on the engine.

The system was re-gassed about 3 years ago. Since then we have had a new compressor and new air-con switch pack.

claudi nielsen
14-06-2007, 02:59 PM
You need a new resistor to your blower. Its the same in my Sharan,it is behind the room in front off the passenger seat.

daywalker
26-01-2011, 02:12 PM
I have the same problem my ac turns off on fan speeds 3 and 4 I have had it regassed and a new heater resistor fitted, strange it still doesn't work.