PDA

View Full Version : DAB to FM auto station transfer

Andy Grob
17-06-2010, 01:10 PM
Hi,

I've just picked up a new Tdie in which I have the B&O sound package.

Living in the Leeds area I often listed to BBC radio Leeds, however when on the outskirts of Leeds the DAB signal strangth slowly fades until the channel is lost.

I thought that I'd read somehwere that when you start to lose a DAB shannel on the radio it autotransfers to the FM version of the same station!!! However what I am finding is that it just puts up a simple symbol showing that the signal is no longer available....and then silence.:aargh4:

In the areas where it is lost the FM version of the channel is still strong and readily available.

Can anyone tell me if it should auto transfer to the FM signal? and do I need to change a setting somehwhere to get it to do it?

Many thanks for any advice offered!

Andrew

Ardy
17-06-2010, 02:23 PM
Only part i can answer is yes it should jump to FM auto - or at least it does on my10 model with DAB.

Will check the menu system in mine later and see if its an option..but thats where id be hunting.

Ultramagnus
18-06-2010, 06:48 PM
My radio seems to go through phases. It will automatically switch from DAB to FM for a few weeks. At other times it will not (just like the OP).

All this occurs on the same stretch of road. I'm pretty sure I haven't changed any settings - can't work out why it does this.

Not much help to the OP - but at least you're not the only one with this problem!

MFGF
19-06-2010, 01:11 PM
My radio seems to go through phases. It will automatically switch from DAB to FM for a few weeks. At other times it will not (just like the OP).

All this occurs on the same stretch of road. I'm pretty sure I haven't changed any settings - can't work out why it does this.

Not much help to the OP - but at least you're not the only one with this problem!

Just clutching at straws... Do you chaps have the HDD-based 3G Nav High too? If so, there is a known issue with the car intermittently not recognising/retuning FM stations when TP bulletins are enabled. It is a bug in the software - just wondering if this bug could be the reason DAB refuses to switch over to FM? If so, try turning off TP bulletins in your FM radio settings. If not, please ignore!

Cheers!

MF.

Andy Grob
19-06-2010, 06:17 PM
No Sat Nav in mine. I've sussed out how to set up the auto swicthing. When listening to a DAB channel, it is within the setup and setting etc. It now does switch over, after a downtime of about 15 seconds. So it's not as seemless as I'd hoped it would be. Let's see if it now keeps the setting and keeps transferring etc.

Ultramagnus
21-06-2010, 07:17 AM
Just clutching at straws... Do you chaps have the HDD-based 3G Nav High too? If so, there is a known issue with the car intermittently not recognising/retuning FM stations when TP bulletins are enabled. It is a bug in the software - just wondering if this bug could be the reason DAB refuses to switch over to FM? If so, try turning off TP bulletins in your FM radio settings. If not, please ignore!

Cheers!

MF.

Thanks MF - I have the Nav system in mine and didn't know about this.
Will have a play with the TP settings and see if it helps.

MFGF
21-06-2010, 10:12 AM
Thanks MF - I have the Nav system in mine and didn't know about this.
Will have a play with the TP settings and see if it helps.

No problem. If you want the full details, the thread covering this issue is here (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=70012). It take a while to read all the way through, though - be warned. :)

Regards,

MF.