PDA

View Full Version : Apple iphone 4

onemanparty
17-06-2010, 11:15 AM
I am bit of a mobile virgin. I do have a mobile i.e. works one but I have not had a contract phone for about 4 years.

Can anyone tell me the difference between iphone 4 and 3GS

Leadtimes I have heard about a month - 2 million orders worldwide in 2 days !!!

I now find myself wanting one after purchasing an itouch.

kodkod.84
17-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Yep I have got the Apple iPhone bug now after 11 years of Nokia ownership- their smartphones are clunky and the touch screens are pants compared to the iPhone.

My gf has the 3GS and from what I can see the 4 has been redesigned, has a better screen and camera and comes with a new processor and operating system. Just for the outdoor gps apps alone is it worth getting one for me.

Here is the lowdown on the iPhone4:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/design/

onemanparty
10-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Yep I have got the Apple iPhone bug now after 11 years of Nokia ownership- their smartphones are clunky and the touch screens are pants compared to the iPhone.

My gf has the 3GS and from what I can see the 4 has been redesigned, has a better screen and camera and comes with a new processor and operating system. Just for the outdoor gps apps alone is it worth getting one for me.

Here is the lowdown on the iPhone4:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/design/

Thanks for that I have order an iphone 4 32GB should get it delivered next week :D

kodkod.84
13-07-2010, 09:32 AM
Excellent what network are you on? What happens with the SIM card as IP4 takes a micro-SIM.

I have 12 days to my upgrade is due!

onemanparty
17-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Excellent what network are you on? What happens with the SIM card as IP4 takes a micro-SIM.

I have 12 days to my upgrade is due!

Vodafone - I have been using a works mobile so I'm network free. Only problem been away and arrived back today iphone at the post office have to wait until Monday

Del Boy
17-07-2010, 11:56 PM
I've just got the iPhone 4, main differences with the 3GS are, 720p HD video recording, 5 megapixel camera with L.E.D flash, front facing VGA camera for Video calling, much better screen it is actually crystal clear, slightly different design and more RAM with the better A4 chip so it's noticeably quicker than the 3GS too. Only issue with it, is the price I'm paying £45 a month but still had to pay £30 for the handset. My son who I also got one for is on the £35 a month but he had to pay the £119 for the handset. Fantastic phone though and I would reccomend one :) The sim, you get supplied with a Micro-sim or you can cut your sim down to size.

onemanparty
20-07-2010, 08:09 PM
I've just got the iPhone 4, main differences with the 3GS are, 720p HD video recording, 5 megapixel camera with L.E.D flash, front facing VGA camera for Video calling, much better screen it is actually crystal clear, slightly different design and more RAM with the better A4 chip so it's noticeably quicker than the 3GS too. Only issue with it, is the price I'm paying £45 a month but still had to pay £30 for the handset. My son who I also got one for is on the £35 a month but he had to pay the £119 for the handset. Fantastic phone though and I would reccomend one :) The sim, you get supplied with a Micro-sim or you can cut your sim down to size.

£45 per month and only £30 - Mine is £30 handset £239 32GB

Del Boy
20-07-2010, 08:11 PM
£45 per month and only £30 - Mine is £30 handset £239 32GB
Me and my son both got the 16GB's due to the 32gb being pricey and out of stock. £239 takes the micky :yikes:

Y90USF
20-07-2010, 09:34 PM
gonna buy the iphone 4 handset only seems to work out cheaper in the long run as you get a better deal on the simplicity and 24 months paying £45 = £1080

whereas you can get the phone for approx £500 and you are on a rolling month to month contract with the chance to cancel at anytime with 30 days notice

kodkod.84
28-07-2010, 05:29 PM
Picked up my iPhone 4 on Sunday- 32gb on Vodafone- a sweet phone just so incredibly well put together and the glass front and back don't show up fingerprint smudge as much as I would have thought. You also get a free case out of a choice of about 5 to counter the aerial reception issue which is handy.

Connected straight away to the bluetooth prep in the B7 A4 and phonebook loads up no hassles. The sound is also a lot clearer/louder than my old Nokia handset.

It also fits in my universal mobile holder which is a bonus!!

onemanparty
28-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Picked up my iPhone 4 on Sunday- 32gb on Vodafone- a sweet phone just so incredibly well put together and the glass front and back don't show up fingerprint smudge as much as I would have thought. You also get a free case out of a choice of about 5 to counter the aerial reception issue which is handy.

Connected straight away to the bluetooth prep in the B7 A4 and phonebook loads up no hassles. The sound is also a lot clearer/louder than my old Nokia handset.

It also fits in my universal mobile holder which is a bonus!!

Don't forget to claim your free bumper I applied via the app last week and it arrived today :D

SINGHY
04-09-2010, 07:47 AM
KoKod 84,

Can you advise whether when someone calls you and your Iphone 4 is conected to the car bluetooth it's the phone that rings or the car's bluetooth, the reason I ask is that with my Iphone 4 it's the former whereas with my other phones it's always been the car's bluetooth. If it's the latter can you provide any advice on either the phone settings or car bluetooth settings that I need to check/set. Otherwise the Iphone 4 seems fine, phonebook loads OK and sound is clear.

Thanks

kodkod.84
04-09-2010, 09:26 AM
When I get an incoming call, the phone rings but the Bluetooth ring ring plays over the top. One thing that is irritating is I need to answer the call via the button on the mfsw, if I answer using the phone it diverts the sound to the phone speaker. Outgoing calls made from the phone work fine.

Other than that everything else is normal, just did a Bluetooth pairing and the phonebook loaded up fine.

SINGHY
04-09-2010, 09:54 AM
If you go into the audi telephone menu and access call options you can select auto answer on the BLuetooth that way you won't need to answer via MFSW. Thanks

onemanparty
20-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Anyone experienced problems with Bumpers and AMI :mad: - I have to remove the bumper everytime I want to connect to AMI.

MFGF
28-09-2010, 01:41 PM
Anyone experienced problems with Bumpers and AMI :mad: - I have to remove the bumper everytime I want to connect to AMI.

I have the same problem when my Apple bumper is fitted, and it's the same when trying to connect to my PC using my old iPod cable. No problems when my Pixelskin is on, though. Probably worth investing in a different case!

MF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FinGerS o FuDgE
03-10-2010, 10:26 AM
The Apple bumpers are pretty naff.
Only the official Apple charger would charge the phone whilst in the bumper, plus it kept peeling sections of the Invisi-Shield off.

It's now gone and has been replaced with a Cygnett Frost case. Alot better!

Also, if you haven't done so already - JAILBREAK IT!! :biglaugh::biglaugh:

onemanparty
03-10-2010, 12:24 PM
The Apple bumpers are pretty naff.
Only the official Apple charger would charge the phone whilst in the bumper, plus it kept peeling sections of the Invisi-Shield off.

It's now gone and has been replaced with a Cygnett Frost case. Alot better!

Also, if you haven't done so already - JAILBREAK IT!! :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Will Cygnett Frost case work with AMI?

Jailbreak why it only a phone??

Ben
01-11-2010, 10:18 PM
come the turn of the year i will be out of my current term with orange. And after 14 years with orange and nokia, i can't see any other option than to go to iphone 4 largely for integration purposes. I've never owned anything by apple before and change concerns me. I would have to get used to a whole new concept and language. From the media coverage and this thread i've learnt much, but what is a bumper? And what is this thing about charging it up?

kodkod.84
01-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Ben you won't regret it- the touchscreen technology and the screen clarity and resolution is a cut above the rest. I am still a big Nokia fan but they have been relegated to 'work' phone status, and still win hands down on battery life.

The amount of apps, is astounding and there is great deal you can do with the phone.

Bumper- a small rubber case that fits around the phone, it only protects the sides so be sure to get a case that protects the back as well.

Some cases interfere with the charging/ipod connector- I find my incase case fits the OEM Audi dock fine in the glovebox.

Ben
01-11-2010, 10:58 PM
i don't have the oem audi phone instal in the A4 and don't plan on being ripped off for the price of it. I understane the denison gateway 300 is the kit i need for integration. will i be able to use the steering wheel controls with the denison 300 and how does it connect to the rnse?

i have to got to my local apple shop to have a play and understand the connectivity of cables and chargers. Are apples own accessories the best to buy (reliability) or are some 3rd party accessories better?

Ben
10-11-2010, 09:49 PM
been to the fruit shop and had a go with the iphone 4.

stunning screen and picture clarity, easy zoom feature to master. Safari is the web browser and works very well. Loads web content and this forum and all images very fast indeed - much faster to what i'm used to on my E71. can't imagine why you would need tapatalk on the ip4 especially when it is ~£1.70 to buy from the apps store. the copy and paste feature i found by fluke but still simple to use.

Didn't like the text input on the touch screen - far to easy for big thumb texting to go awfully awry.

I would have one - i can't afford one. currently i have everything i want for £20 a month. the cheapest ip4 tarrif is £30 per month and ~ £170 for a 24 month deal.