PDA

View Full Version : Please Help sunroof will not fully close

ytiablr
16-06-2010, 02:09 AM
Greetings..............I own a 2006 VW Jetta. My sunroof will not fully close:zx11:. It will close to the next to last preset position (abot 2 inches before fully closing). When I attempt to fully close the sunroof it will retract to the fully open position just as it is about to fully close:mad:. I have done a visual inspection and can find nothing blocking it. Does anyone have any thoughts on this problem:confused:? I would appreciate it.

Thank you, thank you very much...........:beerchug:...............Robert B.

vwcabriolet1971
16-06-2010, 09:48 AM
My old MK4 Golf had exactly the same symptom but only at high ambient temperatures ( roof in strong sunlight ) . I think there is a sensor or limit switch to stop the roof motor when the roof is fully closed . I never did discover the cause or fix it as it always worked fine when it cooled down . Of course you do have the emergency option of winding back the roof with the manual winding handle . This is covered in the car manual.
I don't know if a problem with the sensor/switch would be found with a VCDS scan . Maybe the VAG COM experts can help ?

ytiablr
18-06-2010, 01:46 AM
thanks for the reply, My problem also fixed itself a couple of days later. Not sure what caused or fixed the problem. Only now I'm hesitant to open it again.