PDA

View Full Version : Cabrio Windows

JonnyPilot
04-06-2007, 01:21 PM
Hi, I have purchased a 96 cabrio and am very proud. I'm just working through various tidy-ups such as bodywork/audio/interior lamps but i have noticed that at times and of course on bumpy roads the windows rattle like an old '75 Midget I once owned.

Any suggestions? Firstly if I wanted to investigate the mountings in the door - how do I go about removing the door cards.

THX - All help appreciated, all knowledge gained will be shared.

scotty33
05-06-2007, 12:20 AM
If it's any help, they might be the same as on the coupe's? If so, there will be three small holes on the underside of the handle moulding. You have to 'fish around' in these holes to locate and unscrew the retaining screws. Mine are 4mm allen key size. there are a couple of screws at the top of the card itself and i think one in the door release. You need to pull it wide open, its down a recess on the inner side of the lever if that makes sense.
With everything off, the door card then has to be pulled vertically a few mm to un hook it before it can be pulled away from the door. Sorry if it's totally different, and be careful if it has an airbag in there? I don't know what you do to deactivate one, but a battery lead off would probably help?

JonnyPilot
05-06-2007, 07:39 PM
A quick cursory look this evening seems to indicate that they are similarly fixed. I figure if I can get a look at the glass mountings I might be able to see if there is any poss repair.

Thanks!