PDA

View Full Version : seat leon 1.6 indicators when locking car

yas_b
13-06-2010, 09:50 PM
hi my leon 1.6 2001 indicators used to flash when locking the car but has not stopped, what could cause this the car still locks unlocks all the doors bonnot boot are firmly shut checkd all fuses which are all good hazard switch is good

what could it be ?

thnks

towcestervag
14-06-2010, 08:09 AM
check the boot lock as these play up due to the rear washer getting into the catch
check to see if rear washer is at full strength
if not remove tailgate trim and refit washer hose with rubber hose and clean up terminals in catch

yas_b
16-06-2010, 11:38 PM
hi checked that, its oki still cant find a solution and really dont want to take it to dealers and pay over the odds to find out what it is.

i have checked bonnot lock all door locks, sensors, everythng is firmly shut. key fob battery is good.

hmmm...

thanks for the reply mate

tobybongo
15-11-2010, 07:11 PM
hi m8, just wonderd if u got this prob sorted , only i have the same prob on my leon...

pencil77
10-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Ive got the same problem on my Seat Toledo, indicators flash on unlocking, but not locking. Anyway having recently had a full service it would appear it is either the wiring loom going into the door thats failing or the drivers door locking module as its coming back with a fault code of "intermittent fault, spurious code error"
If it is the module its going to cost a tidy £240 to fix (that includes labour at my local garage)

yas_b
10-04-2011, 08:42 PM
hiya mate when you say module what do you mean? im sure you can pick the door lock switches etc cheap from a scrapyard

pencil77
10-04-2011, 08:51 PM
the lock module consists of the electrics and the switch mechanisms in one unit, apparently its a common fault for the circuit board to get dry solder joints over time and fail, mines intermittent so i havent bothered to fix it yet.....invested in a cupra interior instead!

yas_b
10-04-2011, 08:59 PM
ok i managed to fix mine i posted all on seatcupra.net it was a fuse that had gone behind dash. door lock mechanism will cost you £20-25 quid in scrappers ebay you might get one cheaper

pencil77
10-04-2011, 09:04 PM
cant get on seatcupra.net......work system preventing it!! will look to get mine sorted as soon as time comes available!

yas_b
10-04-2011, 09:07 PM
cool mate how much did u pik the interior up for?

pencil77
10-04-2011, 09:12 PM
£160 delivered, just neede a good clean, managed to fit it all in under 30mins.....much better than the standard grey seats, comfy too. Managed to get a set of Audi A3 sport alloys and tyres for £100 too so car looks much better now!

yas_b
10-04-2011, 09:17 PM
nice decent prices i used to work at a scrapyard aint been down in ages heard they just bought a leon cupra for breaking i was originally going to put cream suede and part leather interior from a toledo time back but then another mate bought it for his il go see what the interior is like in the cupra next week hopefully easy to fit expecially the back what other mods are you going to do?

pencil77
10-04-2011, 09:24 PM
rear seats are really easy, just fold them forward and in the corner where they hinge you just push the hook out the way and pull the seat out, i didnt realise just how easy it was! You can also fit the seats out of a mk4 golf too, exactly the same fitting!

As for other mods, its already debadged, alpine bluetooth ipod headunit and new speakers, upgraded headlamp bulbs and silvertec indicator lamps all round. Only thing i may do now is a power upgrade, chip and filter really. I do over 20k a yeaar so need to keep it sensible!

yas_b
10-04-2011, 09:26 PM
hmm nice where did you get the silvertec bulbs from i got angel eye headlights on mine and the orange indicator bulbs looks awful i bought some carbon fibre wrapping off ebay last week done my center console and window switches rear ashtray looks well nice

pencil77
10-04-2011, 09:33 PM
got the bulbs off ebay, the carbon sounds good, got any pics? i was thinking about the aluminium trim kits you can get, but not sure the silver works too well.

yas_b
10-04-2011, 09:36 PM
trust me go for carbon looks very nice and easy to do il upload some pics soon mate

pencil1977
10-04-2011, 10:27 PM
cheers that would be good!

yas_b
20-04-2011, 06:09 PM
hiya mate sorry for the delay can you send me your email add il send you the carbon fibre pics sister took camera to uni and left it there finally got it back