PDA

View Full Version : Look what the Stork just Delivered :)

Geordie Amanda
11-06-2010, 10:39 PM
Just grabbed a few pictures of my new steed as she sat in the gloom this evening. Unfortunately I guess she looks like she is totally standard as the options are all invisible.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g38/geordieamanda/NewCar-6.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g38/geordieamanda/NewCar-5.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g38/geordieamanda/NewCar-3.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g38/geordieamanda/NewCar-1.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g38/geordieamanda/NewCar-2.jpg

pitch3110
11-06-2010, 10:43 PM
Congrats and enjoy GA.

Looks very nice.

Check the chrome pack for the grill it really does set the front off.

Pitch

Geordie Amanda
11-06-2010, 10:58 PM
Congrats and enjoy GA.

Looks very nice.

Check the chrome pack for the grill it really does set the front off.

Pitch

Thanks. Don’t suppose you know how to play music off a HTC Desire (Android) via Bluetooth? I read on here that a member managed it, but didn’t say how in much detail.

porty
12-06-2010, 07:58 AM
Hi Geordie Amanda,

Your car looks really smart and I like your choice of options. I'm sure that it has been worth the wait!

porty

pitch3110
12-06-2010, 08:23 AM
Thanks. Don’t suppose you know how to play music off a HTC Desire (Android) via Bluetooth? I read on here that a member managed it, but didn’t say how in much detail.

Not sure. Can you not connect it to the AMI port in the glovebox

Pitch

Geordie Amanda
12-06-2010, 12:39 PM
Not sure. Can you not connect it to the AMI port in the glovebox

Pitch

Sadly not, but from what I read the phone supports A2DP and the car can recognise this fact. No biggie, but it would be a nice party trick.

pitch3110
12-06-2010, 12:43 PM
Can not help I am affriad.

Iphone this end which is great for listening to podcasts when plugged in.
The best bit is all the music on SD cards plugged in the dash.

Now get oputside and have a play........

Pitch

Geordie Amanda
12-06-2010, 12:55 PM
Can not help I am affriad.

Iphone this end which is great for listening to podcasts when plugged in.
The best bit is all the music on SD cards plugged in the dash.

Now get oputside and have a play........

Pitch

My ipod works fine with the AMI, but the quality of CDs is so much better. Usually I think the difference isn’t so noticable in a car, but with a high quality source, the B&O really shines. Might try chucking a few CDs straight to SD card now that I see the handbook says it supports up to 32gb cards (I read all 150 pages of the MMI booklet last night:D )

Off to play in a bit, but taking my road bike (Trek, not Triumph :D) and then going for a play in the big toy (I like the coloured lights at night:) )

ThePiombino
12-06-2010, 07:07 PM
Sadly not, but from what I read the phone supports A2DP and the car can recognise this fact. No biggie, but it would be a nice party trick.

You would need to purchase the A2DP BT adapter cable for the AMI. OR you could get the Aux 3.5mm cable for the AMI, but if you want a wireless solution you'll want the BT adapter.

Guest 2
12-06-2010, 09:19 PM
Lovely car .. I especially love the LED DRLs and looks mint in the Quartz Grey .. Very good choice! :D

Chris

Ardy
12-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Heya, congrats on the motor looks lubly!

Hippogriff
12-06-2010, 10:20 PM

Unless something has changed, then I do not believe the car is A2DP enabled.

I thought I heard there was going to be a software update to provide that functionality on 3G systems, but I have never heard any dates or seen any kind of announcements to say it was out there... yet.

If I can be proven wrong here, then I would actually be most grateful.

Geordie Amanda
12-06-2010, 10:32 PM
You would need to purchase the A2DP BT adapter cable for the AMI. OR you could get the Aux 3.5mm cable for the AMI, but if you want a wireless solution you'll want the BT adapter.

Make good sense as the original poster had said the Bluetooth kit had been retro fitted, so perhaps it contained the Bluetooth A2DP adapter too.

Here’s a few pictures I took at the shops tonight (it was great as everyone was watching the football)

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g38/geordieamanda/NewCar-18.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g38/geordieamanda/NewCar-17.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g38/geordieamanda/NewCar-16.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g38/geordieamanda/NewCar-14.jpg

And here is the black inlay (with metal highlights)

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g38/geordieamanda/NewCar-13.jpg

ScottyUK
12-06-2010, 11:19 PM
Inlays look great.

Nice car - glad it all worked out in the end.

p.s. Get some white fog light bulbs ;)

Geordie Amanda
12-06-2010, 11:39 PM
Inlays look great.

Nice car - glad it all worked out in the end.

p.s. Get some white fog light bulbs ;)

Not really a fog light user, unless really necessary. I didn’t switch them on for the pictures. They seem to come on as part of the coming home lights in certain conditions. Besides, I am officailly skint now :D

ScottyUK
12-06-2010, 11:42 PM
I did them for the coming home function! I hated having a lovely white light on my garage door and then after the function activating it going yellow.

But if you're not bothered then it's cool as you save some pennies :beerchug:

Geordie Amanda
12-06-2010, 11:47 PM
I did them for the coming home function! I hated having a lovely white light on my garage door and then after the function activating it going yellow.

But if you're not bothered then it's cool as you same some pennies :beerchug:

I wish I had some pennies to save. Might have to sell one of my livers to buy food now :D :beerchug:

eno394
13-06-2010, 01:42 AM
How long from order to arrival? Order my new Sline next week. Hope it arrives before Xmas!!

fourringsrus
13-06-2010, 11:30 AM
Amanda thats a cracking looker, and certainly easier on the eye than your pink typing,ha,ha

Stuart

Pauls898
13-06-2010, 12:04 PM
I have ripped all my CD's using AAC @ 320kbs, which is the highest quality iTunes can handle and the AMI can work with, I'm using a 160GB HDD (Came out of my DELL laptop when I upgraded the hard disc) in my glove box connected to a USB lead, works a treat, meaning I can have my whole music collection with me in the car all 19,000 odd tracks :approve:
Format the HDD to FAT32 then I put folders for Artests, A, B, C etc found this works best for searching for stuff to play rather than the way iTunes does it, as then the drop down lists can get a bit too long! I'd rather have more levels, eg a/abba/love stories/tracks so its Letter/Artest/Album/Tracks

Geordie Amanda
13-06-2010, 12:50 PM
How long from order to arrival? Order my new Sline next week. Hope it arrives before Xmas!!

It was about 10 weeks in the end (9 weeks to the dealer). The salesman made the interesting point that by putting a slightly unusual spec on the car (full ADS and SD) that if Audi have any of those parts ready to fit, it may bring my car forward in build week (I am sure Audi use ‘just in time’ ordering, but will probably still have a batch delivered)

Amanda thats a cracking looker, and certainly easier on the eye than your pink typing,ha,ha

Stuart

That has been said before:D, I use pink on the Briskoda site as it's easy to pick my posts out

I have ripped all my CD's using AAC @ 320kbs, which is the highest quality iTunes can handle and the AMI can work with, I'm using a 160GB HDD (Came out of my DELL laptop when I upgraded the hard disc) in my glove box connected to a USB lead, works a treat, meaning I can have my whole music collection with me in the car all 19,000 odd tracks :approve:
Format the HDD to FAT32 then I put folders for Artests, A, B, C etc found this works best for searching for stuff to play rather than the way iTunes does it, as then the drop down lists can get a bit too long! I'd rather have more levels, eg a/abba/love stories/tracks so its Letter/Artest/Album/Tracks

Thanks for the heads-up on that one.

golfgt140
13-06-2010, 01:45 PM
The big 3LQ is easily one of the best all round cars on the road today. Congratulations & health to drive. I'm a bit jealous!

Looking forward to hear more about your car!

I also park like that when in a multi-storey- the emptier the better;)

Geordie Amanda
13-06-2010, 01:51 PM
The big 3LQ is easily one of the best all round cars on the road today. Congratulations & health to drive. I'm a bit jealous!

Looking forward to hear more about your car!

I also park like that when in a multi-storey- the emptier the better;)

I have a pathological fear of parking near anyone, unless they have a nice car that looks cared for. But I will never understand why you can park miles from anyone and then some halfwit comes and parks next to you forcing either themselves or their partners to struggle out of a narrow opening door and scratching my car in the process........and breathe. Anyway that is the topic for a whole new thread.

Hippogriff
13-06-2010, 03:51 PM
I wish I had some pennies to save. Might have to sell one of my livers to buy food now :D :beerchug:

Don't sell a liver... 1 minus 1 equals 0.

MFGF
13-06-2010, 03:56 PM

Interesting! According to Hippogriff in this (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=80611) post, the latest AMI has a 4000 track limit when reading plugged-in hard drives. Have you found a way around this Paul?

GA - glad everything worked out and the car has finally arrived. There was a time during the "will she/won't she" phase when I thought you'd go for another BMW; I'm delighted you stuck with it and have a car that you're so obviously proud of. It's a fine beast too!!

Enjoy the "New Audi Owner" experience, and let's see some more pics too!

Cheers!

MF.

Geordie Amanda
13-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Interesting! According to Hippogriff in this (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=80611) post, the latest AMI has a 4000 track limit when reading plugged-in hard drives. Have you found a way around this Paul?

GA - glad everything worked out and the car has finally arrived. There was a time during the "will she/won't she" phase when I thought you'd go for another BMW; I'm delighted you stuck with it and have a car that you're so obviously proud of. It's a fine beast too!!

Enjoy the "New Audi Owner" experience, and let's see some more pics too!

Cheers!

MF.

Thanks for the kind words. Had an afternoon playing with the Audio side of things. Quickly learnt that every source needs setting up individually. Put an SD card in (16gb) and it sounded awful compared to my iPod, after a quick fiddle it dawned on me that the DSP focus was set to the default ‘Even’ or whatever it’s called. Switched to ‘Driver’ and it sounded much better.

I also played with the difference between DAB and FM and was surprised to say the DAB sound quality is as good as the FM. It has a much different EQ and Dynamic range, but it shortfalls are balanced by it’s strengths. I have worked as a Pro Sound Engineer for nearly 30 years and spent many years actually recording radio shows, so I was surprised at this outcome. I put it down to being partly the way the different signals are handled. The A to D part of the Fm signal (I believe the B&O coupled with the MMI 3G is all Digital) presumably corrupts the signal more so than the already digital DAB one. The only disappointment is I can’t seem to get WMA lossless format to read, but the mp3 on 320K sounds OK.

I am also noticing that having driven a couple of hundred miles so far, the engine is already feeling a little more sprightly. Well the ‘Dynamic’ engine setting certainly feels very very different to the ‘Comfort’ setting on the Drive Select. Perhaps the system progressively increases it’s aggressiveness after the first 100+ miles are covered? But it really is as noticeable a difference as in the Drive Select equipped S4 I test drove!! I should also add I am still running the car in, so I am not using full throttle or higher revs yet.

So far so good :)

Don’t worry about my livers Hippogriff, I bought some new ones on ebay :D

bruboy
13-06-2010, 10:38 PM
Congrats - liking the colour :)

Geordie Amanda
14-06-2010, 01:16 AM
Congrats - liking the colour :)

Thanks. I am hoping it repels dirt and scuff marks from the kids in the street that insist on kicking a football at my cars.

Pauls898
14-06-2010, 03:40 PM
Hi, No I do beleave there is a track limit on the later AMI 3G, mine luckly is the older G2 version so doesn't appear to have a limit, I keep adding albums to it as I purchase them and now have well over 19,000 tracks with still space available for many more as I am using a 160GB HDD, think I'm just over 131GB filled so far, the only trouble now is as I have so much much choice I end up with Radio 2 on most of the time lol

fourringsrus
14-06-2010, 07:24 PM
Hey PINKY, if you know the kids that assault your car, tie them up and kick footballs at their faces

bruboy
14-06-2010, 08:43 PM
Hi, No I do beleave there is a track limit on the later AMI 3G, mine luckly is the older G2 version so doesn't appear to have a limit, I keep adding albums to it as I purchase them and now have well over 19,000 tracks with still space available for many more as I am using a 160GB HDD, think I'm just over 131GB filled so far, the only trouble now is as I have so much much choice I end up with Radio 2 on most of the time lol

With the external HD or SD you have to organise the files yourself - is that right? The ipod connectivity is a little slicker then?

eno394
14-06-2010, 08:54 PM
Amanda,

Thanks for the response, was getting a bit worried as some are saying they have waited 17 weeks? I was tempted to go for the 320d Msport as it's only a six week wait.

I'm sure I can go the extra month as I get many more toys to add on the SLine.

Geordie Amanda
14-06-2010, 11:35 PM
Hey PINKY, if you know the kids that assault your car, tie them up and kick footballs at their faces

I am rubbish at kicking footballs, although I can throw a ball properly (ie not like a girl :) )

Amanda,

Thanks for the response, was getting a bit worried as some are saying they have waited 17 weeks? I was tempted to go for the 320d Msport as it's only a six week wait.

I'm sure I can go the extra month as I get many more toys to add on the SLine.

Drove 225 miles tonight and even though I got stuck in a big jam at Stafford, got out fresh as a daisy. Sure you will be happy with the wait (I also got 47 mpg on the DIS which was mainly driving at 70-80 mph as well as stationary in a jam for 40 minutes)

MFGF
15-06-2010, 09:28 AM
Drove 225 miles tonight and even though I got stuck in a big jam at Stafford, got out fresh as a daisy.

You could have diverted off onto the A34, and dropped by for a cuppa on your way past. That way I'd have got to see your new car in the metal :-)

MF.

Cessna954
15-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Amanda

That's a really smart motor you've got yourself there. If it wasn't for three kids and a dog I would certainly opt for the saloon model like yours.

Sadly, current estimate from the dealer is a handover on 26th July, that's 18 weeks from order. It's not as though I've changed any of the options since ordering either. I'm inclined not to believe, or get annoyed, by the excuses any more, just sit tight and wait. I would be quite confident that the vast majority are delivered within the usual 12 weeks (as were my B6 and B7 models) so wouldn't be overly concerned if I were you.

Nice motor Amanda, happy driving.

Geordie Amanda
15-06-2010, 11:28 PM
You could have diverted off onto the A34, and dropped by for a cuppa on your way past. That way I'd have got to see your new car in the metal :-)

MF.

:)

Amanda

That's a really smart motor you've got yourself there. If it wasn't for three kids and a dog I would certainly opt for the saloon model like yours.

Sadly, current estimate from the dealer is a handover on 26th July, that's 18 weeks from order. It's not as though I've changed any of the options since ordering either. I'm inclined not to believe, or get annoyed, by the excuses any more, just sit tight and wait. I would be quite confident that the vast majority are delivered within the usual 12 weeks (as were my B6 and B7 models) so wouldn't be overly concerned if I were you.

:beerchug:

Well a sad update on my car is having parked up at a security hut at work, I watched an idiot in a Civic type R be told he needed to go and get a different pass to gain entry. He threw the car into reverse and backed straight into me. 4 days old and less than 400 miles on the clock!!! After a heated debate, it appears that the relatively low speed of the accident and my blasting the horn meant there is no apparent damage (it was a light kiss really, but that wasn’t the point at the time :D). I have his details, but I 99% happy no damage or marks were done. His squishy number plate met mine. I’ll get it checked out when this job finishes.

But later on, I was diverted down a narrow, one car width, street that was too tight to negotiate a left turn owing to badly parked cars and errant concrete bollards. In order to get the car round I had to touch a wheel on a high kerb and hence put a tiny scrape in it. I was livid as I never scrape my wheels and am fanatical about careful parking near kerbs. You might wonder why I didn’t reverse out of the predicament, but the road was so tight I could only go forward as reversing would have changed my line sufficiently to have got stuck. I drive 20-25K a year so I am not a hopeless ‘woman driver’ as some might think. Still I took the damaged alloy insurance out when I got the car, so that was a good thing.

MFGF
16-06-2010, 09:06 AM
Well a sad update on my car is having parked up at a security hut at work, I watched an idiot in a Civic type R be told he needed to go and get a different pass to gain entry. He threw the car into reverse and backed straight into me. 4 days old and less than 400 miles on the clock!!! After a heated debate, it appears that the relatively low speed of the accident and my blasting the horn meant there is no apparent damage (it was a light kiss really, but that wasn’t the point at the time :D). I have his details, but I 99% happy no damage or marks were done. His squishy number plate met mine. I’ll get it checked out when this job finishes.

But later on, I was diverted down a narrow, one car width, street that was too tight to negotiate a left turn owing to badly parked cars and errant concrete bollards. In order to get the car round I had to touch a wheel on a high kerb and hence put a tiny scrape in it. I was livid as I never scrape my wheels and am fanatical about careful parking near kerbs. You might wonder why I didn’t reverse out of the predicament, but the road was so tight I could only go forward as reversing would have changed my line sufficiently to have got stuck. I drive 20-25K a year so I am not a hopeless ‘woman driver’ as some might think. Still I took the damaged alloy insurance out when I got the car, so that was a good thing.

Ouch! Here's hoping you have got your car's entire quota of bad luck out of the way in one week!

ScottyUK
16-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Sorry to hear of your woes.

Depending on the speed of the wally driving into you it may be worth getting it checked. Behind the bendy plastics is an aluminium deformable bumper. It's job is to absorb the bump in a crash but it then needs replacing. If it was 5-10mph or less it's unlikely to have done anything.

As for the wheel.....sorry but there's no excuse :p

;)

Legs
16-06-2010, 09:25 PM
Fab car, great colour choice, it really looks the business - enjoy.

Maybe we should start a "Grey is Great" club - any takers?

eno394
16-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Thanks, maybe it's just the Avant that takes longer due to higher demands?

Amanda

bruboy
16-06-2010, 09:36 PM
Thanks, maybe it's just the Avant that takes longer due to higher demands?

Perhaps - my avant order was placed at the very end of May and is predicted (build week now approx 29) towards the end of Aug so that would be around 12 weeks total assuming it confirms for that week (fingers crossed).

Geordie Amanda
16-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Sorry to hear of your woes.

Depending on the speed of the wally driving into you it may be worth getting it checked. Behind the bendy plastics is an aluminium deformable bumper. It's job is to absorb the bump in a crash but it then needs replacing. If it was 5-10mph or less it's unlikely to have done anything.

As for the wheel.....sorry but there's no excuse :p

;)

That’s the first wheel I have grazed in over 60K miles, so ner :p. Still gutted. Also can’t believe I tried to get round that stupid bend. Had a look at it tonight and someone has put some fresh paint down on the concrete bollard. Luckily it isn’t Quartz Grey :D

Yes the bump was a very low speed one. I think the pressure wave from my horn slowed him down :D

Geordie Amanda
21-06-2010, 01:28 AM
Having just had a miserable drive down to London today (traffic jams and accidents), I thought I would share my mpg figures. I have to admit the traffic was horrendous and as a result the average speed was low, but at least for the most part I kept rolling at a steady speed. Anyhoo, owing to this, I did an amazing mpg for a 3.0tdi I reckon. I never got close to this in my 123D BMW. Mind you as I have 1,000 miles on my A4, I suspect I will never see anything remotely like this again (unless I have the same traffic problems). I should also add, I managed to keep moving for most of the trip, albeit slowly, so minimised the start-stop fuel sapping that normally occurs with these things.

Heres the good bit (http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g38/geordieamanda/?action=view&current=VIDEO0014.mp4) :)

porty
22-06-2010, 12:28 AM
That's very impressive for a 3.0 litre engine. I wish my 3.0 litre engine delivered the same mpg!!!!!!

Anyway, what are you doing posting at 1:28am? Just realised that I can't talk - just noticed the time!!!!!!!

Geordie Amanda
22-06-2010, 11:32 PM
That's very impressive for a 3.0 litre engine. I wish my 3.0 litre engine delivered the same mpg!!!!!!

Anyway, what are you doing posting at 1:28am? Just realised that I can't talk - just noticed the time!!!!!!!

I was still up having my evening meal as I had recently finished a 14.5 hour day :(

On an unrelated matter, does anyone know how to delete bloody destinations from the Sat Nav memory? Its driving me potty and the handbook doesn’t’ give any clues.

ps don't worry about my high mpg. I am driving about 4 miles of stop-start every day at the moment and getting about 35mpg :D

MalcQV
23-06-2010, 10:54 AM
Amanda, you are not trying to hide where you have been are you?:D

porty
23-06-2010, 07:50 PM
MalcQV - I had exactly the same thought, but left it for someone else to say!

Geordie Amanda
24-06-2010, 12:25 AM
While learning how to use the Sat Nav I made a few destination ‘saves’ and they are totally junk. There seems to be no way of removing them. I can’t believe that it is not possible as Audi would have to be a bunch of pratts to ignore this feature.

And no! I am not trying to hide where I have been…………………… well not since I got the A4 (and George Clooney took out the restraining order on me) :p :D

MFGF
25-06-2010, 12:31 PM
While learning how to use the Sat Nav I made a few destination ‘saves’ and they are totally junk. There seems to be no way of removing them. I can’t believe that it is not possible as Audi would have to be a bunch of pratts to ignore this feature.

Hi Amanda,

Once someone tells you, it seems obvious (but the truth is it took me ages to find it originally, and the initial trauma makes it difficult to forget :))

1. Press the NAME button
2. Scroll down to the saved destination you want to delete and click on it.
3. Scroll down to the 'Delete Entry' option and click on it.
4. When asked "Really?" scroll up to "Yes" and click on it.

Best regards,

MF.

Geordie Amanda
27-06-2010, 12:33 AM
Hi Amanda,

Once someone tells you, it seems obvious (but the truth is it took me ages to find it originally, and the initial trauma makes it difficult to forget :))

1. Press the NAME button
2. Scroll down to the saved destination you want to delete and click on it.
3. Scroll down to the 'Delete Entry' option and click on it.
4. When asked "Really?" scroll up to "Yes" and click on it.

Best regards,

MF.
Thats the way to do it! I have well over 500 names in my bluetooth sync memory and didn't even see the few destinations I had saved. Thank goodness for the Internet and your good self :)

Now if only I can fix the clunk associated with my Auto Handbrake and the nasty feeling clutch pedal, I will be soooo happy :)

Thank you MF

MFGF
27-06-2010, 07:56 PM
Now if only I can fix the clunk associated with my Auto Handbrake

Are you sure it's not the George Clooney lookalike bound and gagged in the boot trying to get out?;)

Thank you MF

You're welcome! :D

scoobmw
27-06-2010, 10:54 PM
Having just had a miserable drive down to London today (traffic jams and accidents), I thought I would share my mpg figures. I have to admit the traffic was horrendous and as a result the average speed was low, but at least for the most part I kept rolling at a steady speed. Anyhoo, owing to this, I did an amazing mpg for a 3.0tdi I reckon. I never got close to this in my 123D BMW. Mind you as I have 1,000 miles on my A4, I suspect I will never see anything remotely like this again (unless I have the same traffic problems). I should also add, I managed to keep moving for most of the trip, albeit slowly, so minimised the start-stop fuel sapping that normally occurs with these things.

Heres the good bit (http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g38/geordieamanda/?action=view&current=VIDEO0014.mp4) :)

This is V Good news indeed for those of us expecting one of these sometime this year (i they ever build it !). Anyway - wee quesion - did the 50.4mpg bear up when you compared litres into tank versu miles traelled if you do that at the pumps?

porty
28-06-2010, 08:00 PM
Geordie Amanda, What is it about the clutch pedal that you don't like? I must admit that it is quite an art to get smooth changes in the first couple of gears in my S4, but I had a similar experience in the BMW 335i I owned prior to the S4 and so I have just accepted it.

Geordie Amanda
06-07-2010, 01:25 PM
It looks like the DIS versus real world mpg, is about 5% out. I’ll do a few more fill ups at different garages just to check this.

As for the clutch pedal, in the recent super hot weather, I have noticed the pedal action had a sort of grating feel. A bit like in the old days of cable clutches (my old Abarth 130TC ate 2 cables a year!). I had a look at the pedal (and the arm bit) and was shocked to see it seems to be made of plastic! It gives the clutch pedal a jerky action that feels horrible when you feather it in stop start traffic. The clutch itself is fine (although I hate the anti-stall rev thing, when letting the clutch out), so I have a feeling I will have to put up with it. Hopefully I will get a chance to have it and the auto braking looked at in a couple of weeks.

MalcQV
06-07-2010, 04:54 PM
I went on to Parkers and added a few of the options to your car to get a price. All I can say is :yikes: :p
Hope you are enjoying it :beerchug:

Geordie Amanda
06-07-2010, 05:11 PM
I went on to Parkers and added a few of the options to your car to get a price. All I can say is :yikes: :p
Hope you are enjoying it :beerchug:

I am now living on fresh air and water

MalcQV
08-07-2010, 03:29 PM
I am now living on fresh air and water :D Got the T-shirt. Worth it though.

Geordie Amanda
08-07-2010, 11:20 PM
:D Got the T-shirt. Worth it though.
Just driven about 180 miles on motorways (couple of jams and several stretches at a 'good' cruising speed) and got 46.6 on DIS. I think the 50mph zone on the M62 helped :)

I am drving at about the same average speed as my previous 123D and getting at least the same mpg, if not slightly better on occasions!!!! Pure town driving is slightly worse however, but only by 3 or 4 mpg and the engine is still new.

troc
09-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Nice numbers. My S4 is hovering around 22mpg at the moment (real world) but I do a lot of short journeys which isn't helping.

The sticky clutch thing - I feel it too in this hot weather and it's slightly annoying but doesn't seem to impact the operation of the clutch as such. I'm keeping an eye on it and if it gets worse I'll take it in and have the dealer poke it.

On a more exciting note, I still love the car :)

Geordie Amanda
23-07-2010, 06:03 PM
Just thought I would share with you my joy at finding my car has been 'keyed' on it's rear quarter. Fingernail clicking depth too :( Oh the joy of small minded pratts.

porty
23-07-2010, 07:10 PM
Sorry to hear that Amanda. Why do people do that?

dan172
23-07-2010, 08:29 PM
Just thought I would share with you my joy at finding my car has been 'keyed' on it's rear quarter. Fingernail clicking depth too :( Oh the joy of small minded pratts.

Plebs!
Hope you get it sorted soon...

bruboy
23-07-2010, 08:41 PM
That sucks. Hope it's sorted soon.

Geordie Amanda
23-07-2010, 09:11 PM
Thanks guys. I am going to try to get it sealed and leave it for a while as I reckon it will only happen again soon as I work in some pretty dodgy areas. I did think this might happen and it has reinforced my belief that I wont buy another 'nice' new car again. Second hand car for me next time I think, as I am fed up of the worry of owning decent cars.:(

MalcQV
24-07-2010, 11:56 PM

Thanks guys. I am going to try to get it sealed and leave it for a while as I reckon it will only happen again soon as I work in some pretty dodgy areas. I did think this might happen and it has reinforced my belief that I wont buy another 'nice' new car again. Second hand car for me next time I think, as I am fed up of the worry of owning decent cars.:(
I am speechless. I really cannot understand what drives an individual to do this other than pure jealousy. Sorry for your bad luck Amanda.
My answer is to have two cars, one good and one 'run about' Just because I had some of those metal dust caps (not chav ones) lying around I stuck them on the old tub. Did not last a couple of days.

Geordie Amanda
25-07-2010, 12:38 AM
I am speechless. I really cannot understand what drives an individual to do this other than pure jealousy. Sorry for your bad luck Amanda.
My answer is to have two cars, one good and one 'run about' Just because I had some of those metal dust caps (not chav ones) lying around I stuck them on the old tub. Did not last a couple of days.

I had a BMW and a Fiat 4x4 and sold them both to get the Quattro, so sadly the 2 car option isn’t really on for me any more. Funnily enough I too live in Manchester and frequently had my chrome valve caps pinched :(

porty
25-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Amanda, I guess you had the Fiat 4x4 for winter if your main car was a BMW! I run a Clio alongside my Audi for work etc to minimise the amount of damage that the general public can inflict on my Audi, but none of us should feel we have to own two cars because of other people's jealously, should we?

Geordie Amanda
25-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Amanda, I guess you had the Fiat 4x4 for winter if your main car was a BMW! I run a Clio alongside my Audi for work etc to minimise the amount of damage that the general public can inflict on my Audi, but none of us should feel we have to own two cars because of other people's jealously, should we?

Yep the Sedici was for Winter use.

I only want one car, but perhaps it should be a cheapo one. I remember when I was young(er) and saw with envious eyes the trappings of older people and their successful careers. Nice houses, cars, clothes etc and I thought it would be nice to have similar things. But at no time did I want to vandalise other peoples belongings, even though I didn’t know I would one day have a lot of reasonably nice possessions myself. It is a failing of this country that so many selfish idiots hate people who are dong better than themselves, instead of being pleased for them.

porty
26-07-2010, 01:41 AM
I'm pleased for you!

MalcQV
26-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Amanda, I guess you had the Fiat 4x4 for winter if your main car was a BMW! I run a Clio alongside my Audi for work etc to minimise the amount of damage that the general public can inflict on my Audi, but none of us should feel we have to own two cars because of other people's jealously, should we?Suppose it depends on the two cars.

Amanda I do agree with the point you make about the 'failing of this country' as I understand nowhere else in Europe quite suffers this like the UK.