PDA

View Full Version : Important Oil Pump Replacement Required outside Warranty

martybutler
11-06-2010, 06:52 PM
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone got audi to cover the damage cause by the oil pump chain going on their engine, 2005 2.0 Tdi BLB engine 87,000 miles.
The car was in the audi dealer workshop a few times and I was told about minor recalls but nothing about this recall.

any help getting written proof that the car was suppose to be recall would safe me a fortune.

Thanks in advance for any help
Martin

Lateknight
11-06-2010, 08:29 PM
This was never a recall I'm afraid.
You might be able to get a contribution from Audi if you shout loud enough, but this will be largely depending on whether you have full Audi Service history or not as this will be a goodwill claim not a warranty claim.
Is it just the chain? or has it chewed any of the chain sprockets. If it has (especially the crank sprocket) thats a replacement balancer unit which is about £700-£800 in parts alone as you can only buy the later spec. spur gear driven replacement parts.
Fingers crossed if the chain and sprockets are not bad, you might have just oil pump failure, or the hexagonal shaft that drives the pump from the balancer shaft unit has worn smooth.

martybutler
11-06-2010, 09:32 PM
I'm afraid they told me the balancer unit has to be replaced and i have to buy the later spec. spur gear driven replacement parts as well as a new sump....:mad:

a8 tech
11-06-2010, 10:01 PM
Short motor is around £2000 and thats my preferd fix for this problem.