PDA

View Full Version : Parking

Fettler
03-06-2007, 11:09 PM
I own 4 vehicles and live in a narrow street i do try whenever possible to allow room for neighbours cars but this is not allways possible, I pay tax insurance and MOT on all vehicles so should i be victamised for owning 4 vehicles? |As i am now? by complaints and keying of cars

:1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp:

RichieVWV6
04-06-2007, 12:36 AM
Hi,

Sounds like a difficult one. You should not be victimised or have your cars keyyed.

Is there ground where you could park off road? I take it that you dont have a lot of garden?

I have a similar problem in my street. My neighbour is a car dealer working from home, and another neighbour is a house for the disabled so therefore loads of carers cars blocking the street.

We have 3 cars plus a van in our house, which causes a few problems with the neighbours......................

I'm planning on removing some of my grass in the back garden, putting in slabs or mono block to allow off street parking for my cars.

If you could do something similar it may help, or even talk to your neighbours, maybe explain a little about why u need 4 cars and that you do show consideration to the others in the street? Just my opinion though you may not want to have to explain yourself to others in your street.

Good luck anyway and I do understand the problem your having,

Regards

Richard

:beerchug:

Eshrules
04-06-2007, 12:58 AM
im on the opposite side of the fence to you mate, our house has 3 cars, mine, my mums and my dads van for work. we struggle to park at all, due to 2 houses across the road, owning 5 cars between them. the road is such a narrow road and only has room for around 10 cars to be parked in total.

one of the houses chooses not to use his 25 ft long driveway for any other of his cars, bar his astra cab..... he is an arrogant SOB who parks his van deliberately out from the kerb, so as to make my reversing on and off my driveway as problematic as possible. the damage to my front bumper bears testament to this.

whilst i agree you shouldn't be victimized, nor should any of your cars ever be targeted for mindless vandalism, its certainly a difficult situation.

i think this is part of the bigger 'issue' of the fact that britains roads aren't getting any bigger, yet we are increasing the number of cars on our roads exponentially. there simply wont be enough room before long:(

MalcQV
04-06-2007, 01:06 PM
Street/road parking, fun and games. I wish all concerned the best

buster
04-06-2007, 02:17 PM
We had parking problems with one particular person having three large vans and three estate cars parked in the road at any one time.

Also we had people visiting the allotments parking all over the place, so I managed to obtain off road parking to help alleviate the problem, (My car and my wife's car off the road) and to help me as well, no need to fight for a space any more.

Problem is, the allotment users just park across me as in the pic below

You have to wonder what planet they are on!

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s61/quattro_album/100_0892.jpg

onzarob
04-06-2007, 02:49 PM
This is a problem for all I think, well those of us without a mansion!!!

I don't mind who parks where as long as it straight and not like the picture above drives me crazy. The other issue is that cars are getting bigger and more of them and the housing estates are getting smaller roads and shorter drives....its going to blow up soon, i would use my garage but the car dont' fit...damn developers and there 8.5 foot wide garages:zx11:

nix sg
04-06-2007, 04:54 PM
it is indeed a problem everywhere!...we have 5 cars in our household, but our drive can take 2, the street has alot of parking as many people on the street dont have cars, or only have one, and seeing as we own a shop/off license the parking on the front of it (about 4 cars worth) is normally taken up by customers, but the handiest thing is there is a pub next door to us and the landlord lets us use his car park for our cars....so my advice, find a really nice pub landlord hu will let you use his car park if its near! (in our case next door hehe)