PDA

View Full Version : VW Bluetooth Kits

Pimped-Passat
03-06-2007, 09:29 PM
Experts

It it possible to have a "pukka" VW Bluetooth Car Kit fitted without ordering it as a factory fit extra..? If so how much and how much hassle is it..? Any VW Technicians listening out there?!!

I need to go handsfree in a new Passat but don't like the idea of bolting screens to the dash.... I prefer the "built in" approach...!!!

(BTW, just looking at a Nokia 616 kit and I reckon I could get the screen fitted in the ash tray if I remove the plastic liner... Has anyone else tried hiding bolt on screens away...?!)

Any input most welcome..!!

Cheers
P-P

Flash2
04-06-2007, 01:04 AM
No you have to order as a factory fit option. VW do supply a bluetooth phone kit, but it's not the same as the factory kit (It's an Elan Verso).
I had a look at the Nokia 616. Seems a bit expensive at over £200. Why not just get a Nokia CK-7W with an active speaker wiring connector that connects to the VW radio. Should set you back about £80 - £90 or if you really need the display how about a Parrot CK3100 with the VW radio lead for about £150. The Parrot display unit fits quite well on the passat dash, just above the headlamp switch. Simply attach with a sticky pad (supplied in the kit) then it can be removed later without leaving any holes.

Jim.

Pimped-Passat
04-06-2007, 07:51 AM
Jim,

Thanks for the reply. I'll have a look at the Parrat stuff you mention.

The reason I asked about the 616 is I think my work supplies these kits to employees that need handsfree, but I would prefer not to have a separate screen and control wheel. That's why I asked about "hiding" the screen in the ash tray..!!

Cheers
Mark

BenR
04-06-2007, 03:54 PM
I have a Parrot but it only works when it feels like it. It's unreliable and almost impossible when making calls with voice command - could be something to do with the phone setings I guess. Works fine once it's connected though.

carl s
05-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Interesting, I have a Parrot CK3100 kit I removed from my old car gathering dust at home. I'm a big fan of the kit but I was a bit reticent about fitting it as I couldn't see where to do it without needing a hole drilled for the wire to protrude from. Any pics of how it's been done before?

Flash2
05-06-2007, 10:06 PM
Sorry Carl, I don't have any pictures, but I've fitted a couple of these to Passats without drilling any holes. What I do is remove the trim panel from around the rev counter / speedo and run the wire for the display under it and pop it back on. I file a little notch on the trim where the wire is to pass from behind the trim. The notch is filed on the rear of the panel and can't be seen from the front. I then simply attach the display to the trim just above the headlamp switch with the little sticky pad that is supplied with the kit. You'll need a wiring adapter cable to convert the ISO connectors on the CK3100 to the quad lock connector used on the new VW radios.

Regards - Jim.

carl s
06-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Thanks Jim, I'll look around for the adapter.

Richardm
12-06-2007, 04:14 PM
Do Nokia offer any Bluetooth kits instaed of having to use the hard wired system which is factory fitted.

VW 05 Passat has the factory option but it narrows down to phones some 5 years old.

Flash2
12-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Nokia CK-7W - http://www.nokia.co.uk/accessorieslink?s=CK-7W

sherlockuk
09-07-2007, 01:07 PM
I know this is not applicable to everyone (depending on your factory fitted entertainment system), but lots of the new stereo head units come with bluetooth handsfree kits built in and you only need to mount the microphone and your away.

Just another thought. I was going to get one, as I wanted a nice shiny new headunit anyhow...

Tom.